cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 "Unlimited" Complaint

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's very strange that O2 offer a service called O2 Unlimited, but in fact, it's restricted to the tune of 2,990 texts (less than 100 texts a day per month) but 12,000 minutes (over 6 1/2 hours a day for a month). Hardly 'unlimited' is it? As someone who texts a lot and hardly calls, I thought having "unlimited" texts would be a great tarriff for me, especially for £15 a month, but it turns out you are actually limited. So, how can O2 get away will calling the tarriff "unlimited" and why are users given so many minutes for free, but not texts. It doesn't add up.

So, doubing that much is going to change/happen from this, what, if any, O2 tarriff actually gives you unlimited texts, or at least a hell of a lot more than 100 a day?

Message 1 of 29
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous-Campbell wrote:

So, if I went for the O2 sim only plan that has 1000 minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB mobile 4G data for £16 a month, then I would get actual unlimited text messages (or 12,000 or whatever it is)? Also, it's a 4G tarriff, but 4G isn't in my area yet, so I assume when it is, it will just work automatically and I won't have to do anything else (as long as my phone is compatible)?

Yep that's right grin

Even if 4G isn't in your ara then your internet will work just as normal,even if your handset isn't 4G compatable. Once 4G is rolled out in your area, if your handset is compatable then of course you'll benefit from that also.

View solution in original post

Message 26 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I ask what tarrif your on as last we heard it was 12,000 texts
Message 2 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am on O2 Unlimited. I was advised last night it has been changed to 2,990 to avoid "misuse of the text system".
Message 3 of 29

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
is this on payg? But it has been discussed many times on here.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 contract sims with unlimited texts are unlimited.

Unfortunately when it was a much higher figure people were using them in auto dialers and sending out those delightful PPI and accident claim texts, so all the prepay tariffs got reduced to combat this.
Message 5 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I'm a PAYG customer on O2 Unlimited.

Do Contract customers get 12,000 then? Why are the unwashed PAYG customers not worthy of the same, because we are the ones who will likely "abuse the text system"?

Message 6 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think their is anything official stated what the true amount is considered as within reason / fair usage unless someone can add an official link
Message 7 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
The last that came up on here was payg was 2990 and contract was 12'000 but it's not actually published anywhere that we know of
Message 8 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I had have thought of it, I would have posted a screenshot or transscript of the live chat I had last night where I was told it is 2,990 per month (what a stupid figure, why not a round number?)

Also, surely those who register their details with O2 and explicitly state/prove they are not some company sending PPI texts then they should get the proper "unlimited" amount and those that abuse it get their accounts reduced? Why punish everyone for the actions of a few?

Message 9 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous-Campbell wrote:

Yes, I'm a PAYG customer on O2 Unlimited.

Do Contract customers get 12,000 then? Why are the unwashed PAYG customers not worthy of the same, because we are the ones who will likely "abuse the text system"?

Not you no, but as prepay sims are unregistered to anyone they are then subject to less scrupulous people using them against the terms and conditions of the sim, as contract sims are registered to someone then they can open the gates for them.

Message 10 of 29