Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 pay and go phones

darrenney02
Level 4: Observant
  • 127 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I went into the 02 shop in town last weekend looking to replace my Nexus 4 with an IPhone 6s and the guy in store said they don't do IPones on pay and go in store. Yet the advertise then as also on pay and go. 

The guy also said that I could not use my saved o2 rewards towards an IPhone. I got about £12 in o2 rewards saved.

I don't really want to leave o2 but BT mobile can offer me £5 discount a month instead of £10 as I'm a BT broadband customer that gets me a similar tariff to the old o2 pay and go go go that I'm on the now but the add 4g plus a offer code for £50 off a new phone and when I looked online the offer code also include an IPhone 6s and including then discount code price of phone is not much dearer then the IPhone 6s that o2 has and o2 is the 16 gb and the one on the BT mobile site is a 64gb.

should I email o2 and see what they come up with and tell them what BT mobile has offered.

For way I see it o2 will not really want to lose customers. 

I have been with o2 ever since they tame over the old BTCelNet and have had the same number since for the last 15 or 16 years.

For I sure the likes of o2 will not be keen on losing customers.

Darren

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Yes, they do.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they not do it instore anymore then?

I got mine on payg instore

Message 12 of 30

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Yes, as far as I know they do.
We've heard of others buying them on PAYG in store......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply @MI5

Message 14 of 30

darrenney02
  • 127 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

If I ordered the phone online with the £10 or £15 a month pay and go tariff how easy would it be to get o2 to transfer my number to the new sim and I take it I will not be able to stay on the pay and go go tariff that I'm on the now as is no a 4g tariff and the tariff is no longer available.

I only asking as at times I text more then I use the phone to make calls.

Darren

Message 15 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Easy enough @darrenney02 You would just need to perform a sim swap here http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Or you could go instore and get them to do it...far quicker and probably complete in 10mins (though it could take 24hrs) http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Sim-Swap-Nano-Micro-Mini-Sim/m-p/292218#U...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 30

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
You can stay on the same tariff if you wish but as you say, may not be suitable if no 4g.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 30

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I just sim swapped online to change a pay and go sim to a micro 4G sim keeping the text and web tariff

Message 18 of 30

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
You do know that if you upgrade your existing pay and go account you may get a discount. Its not much but also saves you having to buy a top up on a number you don't plan to use.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 19 of 30

darrenney02
Level 4: Observant
  • 127 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I never new that. How do go about getting the discount. For even a very small discount old be ok.

Darren

Message 20 of 30