Did you mean: 

O2 overcharging, SIM not cancelled

RB12335678911
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please can I check if anyone has had same issue as me

- O2 contract was setup incorrectly so was advised SIM needed to be cancelled and new contract created

- done on day 1 over phone and backup confirmation on chat. Told to cancel direct debit

- bill arrives for full amount and late payment charge

Contact them and told I needed to call back with 48 hours to confirm? I wasn’t advised of this. Told contract will be cancelled today but over 14 day cooling off period so cancellation charges

asked for a breakdown of final bill charges and credits and chat gets disconnected.

now being told I need to wait 14 days for final bill but no information can be provided on the content of this bill.

has anyone had similar issue? Should I go straight to Ombudsman to investigate I have proof of conversations and messages so can’t see any issues from my side, but don’t want to wait another 14 days to find out I have been charged again and be chased for more money 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10160 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions

@RB12335678911 

You cant go straight to the Ombudsman or in this case the Dispute Resolution service, as OfCom dont investigate consumer disputes. 

Your first mistake was to use live chat, you should have done this over the phone, as live chat is not reliable for these types of issues.

You need to follow the correct process, and that is to go through the o2 complaints process https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10160 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions

@RB12335678911 

You cant go straight to the Ombudsman or in this case the Dispute Resolution service, as OfCom dont investigate consumer disputes. 

Your first mistake was to use live chat, you should have done this over the phone, as live chat is not reliable for these types of issues.

You need to follow the correct process, and that is to go through the o2 complaints process https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

RB12335678911
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, I used the chat as at least I have a copy of what was said. I have used the email on the complaints procedure and will see what they come back with. It has also been escalated via conversation in o2 app but they have also been no help at all.  

the initial cancellation was over the phone and I confirmed on chat so thought I had all bases covered. I just can’t understand why they don’t just do the right thing!

Message 3 of 3