Did you mean: 

O2 open - sharing discount?

Higglette
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I'm really hoping someone can help with my confusion! I have an airtime discount as an NHS Employee, and my contract started in January 2017. I hoped that I could share this discount with my partner, but it appears that codes are only available for contracts taken out after May 2018.

I've contacted o2 via web chat and the advisor told me I should get my partner to log in to his o2 account and I should put my employer code in there - surely that means that his phone would be discounted and I would lose the discount?

Thanks so much for any light you can shed on this matter - my head has basically exploded from Googling at this stage! dizzy

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Higglette

Hi have a read of our help here where it's all explained
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-How-to-sign-up/...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Higglette

Hi have a read of our help here where it's all explained
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-How-to-sign-up/...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Higglette

All info re O2 Open are here. They are intended for one employee only

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Higglette
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks both, I had read that so was confused when the advisor said something which seemed to contradict this

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I guess they are getting confused with the new rules since earlier this year.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

An extended training Day/ Month seems to be in order rolling_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
As per usual.....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I doubt this will happen due to staff churn overseas and within other outsourced centres. Live chat of course will just make it up....

Message 8 of 9

Higglette
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Agh, just so frustrating as I was assured that the discount would apply on a previous chat, and my husband went and ordered the phone... Guess when it arrives it will be going straight back! 😣
Message 9 of 9