Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 now refusing to transfer over PAYG balance.

Would like some help and advice if anyone knows the way forward with my problem.

I had a contract with t-mobile which ended last month. The intention was always to go for an iphone at the end of the contract. My broadband is with O2 as well and in order to get the disconted price I took out a PAYG and added £10 every 3 months to get the discount.

End of tmobile contract I buy an iphone and take out the simplicity £20 a month deal with O2. I phone as ask for the PAYG month to be transferred over the my contract and they agreed to do this. Nothing happens. I phone again today to be told firstly that the only way they could do this was to cancel the PAYG sim which was fine by me, then to be told 3 minutes later that they cannot transfer the money without taking over the number. I have already set up my new number on the simplicity contract everywhere I need it and have no wish to do the same again to get the old PAYG number and anyway my new number is one I can actually remember quite easily for a change.

So what do I do. They refuse to transfer over nearly £40 as I will not transfer over my number. This is despite being told twice that they will do it.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Was it the broadband team you called first of all to update your number from pre pay to contract? If so all they'd be doing is updating their records to show the current o2 number your using for your discount.

With regards to the transfer of credit what you've been told is correct, you can only have credit transferred from pre pay to pay monthly if you are having your number migrated over.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes the balance won't be transferred unless you transfer the number. If you have been given the wrong information or not given the whole truth as it well seems then you might be better off writing to the complaints department- or just bring over you're PAYG number.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Wrote to complaints as it had originally been agreed to transfer the money over. Result, money transferred over to new account, no need to take number. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy