Did you mean: 

O2 not taking payment but billing says paid

Niblic3rd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello everyone, 

I am hoping I can find a solution to this or if anyone has had this issue before. My o2 app and the website are both reporting that my o2 and my wife's bill have been paid in full. However when we check our bank accounts the money hasn't been taken.

O2 took our payments last month without any issues, but we are confused that the accounts say paid but no funds have been collected. Our bills are both due on the same day as we both took out contracts at the same time and the payments should of been taken on the 8th however due to being a bank holiday I was expecting the money go out today and it hasn't. 

Due to covid, their lines are reduced and I can only report fraud or a lost phone over the phone and the lady on the web chat says the bill is paid and nothing more need be done. I would hate for someone to end up footing my bill, have a missed bill or to end up with a double bill next month. 

I am wanting to know has anyone else had this issue recently?

Thanks, K

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Carly2
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Lots of people are there must be something going on
Message 21 of 32

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Just letting you know that I've dropped you all a private message about this here on the community, to ask for a few bits of additional details to be able to get someone on our end to investigate what might be causing this payment issue. 

Message 22 of 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hope we have an answer soon @Marjo slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 32

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25136 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Hi everyone,

Just letting you know that I've dropped you all a private message about this here on the community, to ask for a few bits of additional details to be able to get someone on our end to investigate what might be causing this payment issue. 

Thank you @Marjo for a positive response to an issue which is affecting many and worrying many more.

I`m sure that gathering more information and getting someone at your end to investigate will go some way to relieving the stress for many during these dreadful times.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 25 of 32

Carly2
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Mines gone out
Message 26 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

My DD was also taken this morning. 3 days late but it's been paid. Thank god!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 32

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, it's been a few days but I just wanted to confirm in this topic as well in case there were any lingering concerns, that after looking at the collected examples, the delay of payment being taken vs billing saying it was paid was indeed related to bank holidays. slight_smile There weren't any other issues found.

I'm aware that it's going to be a bank holiday actually again soon (so many bank holidays recently!) this month, so if you guys spot any similar queries, it might just be that O2 has taken payment, but like in these recent cases, some banks might release the payment with a little delay due to the bank holiday. Sorry that it caused some concern earlier and thanks again for tagging us. I'm glad we were able to clarify this. slight_smile

Message 28 of 32

Ayshe
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My bill is paid off ot still says im
Over due
Message 29 of 32

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts