Did you mean: 

O2 not taking payment but billing says paid

Niblic3rd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello everyone, 

I am hoping I can find a solution to this or if anyone has had this issue before. My o2 app and the website are both reporting that my o2 and my wife's bill have been paid in full. However when we check our bank accounts the money hasn't been taken.

O2 took our payments last month without any issues, but we are confused that the accounts say paid but no funds have been collected. Our bills are both due on the same day as we both took out contracts at the same time and the payments should of been taken on the 8th however due to being a bank holiday I was expecting the money go out today and it hasn't. 

Due to covid, their lines are reduced and I can only report fraud or a lost phone over the phone and the lady on the web chat says the bill is paid and nothing more need be done. I would hate for someone to end up footing my bill, have a missed bill or to end up with a double bill next month. 

I am wanting to know has anyone else had this issue recently?

Thanks, K

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Worryingly, I've just checked our bank and my husbands payment was due to come out on the 8th and hasn't. Nothing pending in the bank either. I have no way of checking his My O2 as he isn't up yet!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 32

Carly2
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Got to be a problem with 02
Message 12 of 32

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Just tagging @Chris_K, @Martin-O2 and @Marjo in this so that they are aware...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 32

Niblic3rd
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yup, I would expect to see the money be taken at a later date or some other way in the near future. My bank has also said that o2 has not requested the funds yet and the direct debit is still active so down to o2 for me too.

Message 14 of 32

Carly2
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ive just phoned 02 apparently its showing as paid and that it should be showing in my bsnk either later or tomorrow
Message 15 of 32

Vikki33
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've spoke to someone from o2 on live chat and they will contact my bank for payment n it should be updated in next 24hrs
Message 16 of 32

Niblic3rd
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A little more than what I got, I will check my bank again tomorrow and see if it is gone or not. slight_smile

Message 17 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@gmarkj 

I've also tagged this into this similar thread.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Late-Payment/m-p/1345940#M196559 

NB My husband's payment has not come out of our bank and was due on the 8th. I can't check his My O2 currently as he isn't about.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 32

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear you've all had some issues with your bill payments! 😞 We've checked internally and not aware of any issues on our end, however to be cautious and see what might be causing this, I'd like to collect a few additional details from you guys to be able to pass this on and get it looked into in more detail.

I will drop you a private message here on the forum soon.

Thanks guys for tagging us in!

Message 19 of 32

Bethie
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am also having the same issue and I don't really know what to do considering I can't contact anyone
Message 20 of 32