cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 nano sim adaptor stuck in iPhone 4S

Anonymous
Not applicable
The nano sim adaptor that O2 supplied will not come out of my iPhone 4S. I can open the sim tray about a couple of mm only by pushing a pin in the hole.

Any ideas?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you can't ease it out take it to your local O2 store or Apple Store(recommended) as they may have appropriate tweezers etc to coax it out.

I wouldn't force it as damaging the internal contacts will render the iPhone unusable for network connection.

You may need to make a Genius Bar appointment but if there not busy I'm guessing they'll see to you.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you can't ease it out take it to your local O2 store or Apple Store(recommended) as they may have appropriate tweezers etc to coax it out.

I wouldn't force it as damaging the internal contacts will render the iPhone unusable for network connection.

You may need to make a Genius Bar appointment but if there not busy I'm guessing they'll see to you.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Plenty of You Tube videos but be very, very careful. As said it's better to let the experts have a look but you could try less robust methods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baCL2zFYGCE

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I am a little perplexed by O2's decision to supply sim adapters. Whilst they can be perfectly safe they are not as simple as just shoving a sim card in so care must be taken and can be a bit fidly.
I've not had any experience of the O2 ones but have been pleased with the adapters made by "R-SIM" which are available to buy online.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's best to be careful and as I say not force it.

I use the free plastic O2 supplied adapters and have fortunately had no issue in my iPhones. Just a bit of bad luck that it's lodged itself. 😞
Message 5 of 7

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

You may be able to slide a small shim of thin plastic or card over the top of the SIM to see if that releases the SIM tray, something like the packing strip that is used to secure parcels may do it, but don't try and force it.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 6 of 7

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Don't force it out, you will ruin the internals. I had this exact problam but I managed to get it out my using the sim removal pin and force the sim down into its adapter and then slide it out. 

Again don't force it! 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 7 of 7