cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 mobile broadband blocks online gaming?!

Lucinda
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I took out this mobile broadband contract as sadly I live in a grade two listed home and the freeholders refuse point black to get It cabled. This means I can only use mobile broadband as my home broadband (wired connection I would have a speed of 1 Meg so useless). I recently left Vodafone as they have a NAT 4 server which blocks all online gaming. When I took out this contact I had specified over and over again to the agent, I would like to use this for online gaming and would this be possible, they told me yes multiple times. My broadband arrived and low and behold I tried connecting both on PC and on my XBOX and I've been lied to, it does not allow online gaming and again a strict NAT 4 server type. Is anyone else having the same problem? As per usual o2's staff are completely useless via the phone and Instore and had zero idea what I was talking about and why this is a issue and why I'm furious I've been lied to. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 110534 Posts
  • 799 Topics
  • 6341 Solutions

@LucindaI'll tag one of our account advisors @O2Lisa and hopefully she can help. She will be on duty at 8am.

*The Game Is On*

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

O2Lisa
  • 732 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 

I'll message you privately @Lucinda and look in to this for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 110534 Posts
  • 799 Topics
  • 6341 Solutions

Thanks @O2Lisa 😉

*The Game Is On*

Girl in a jacket