Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 may not be the cheapest but other things make up for it

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Well even though people on here with Questions I thought i would share some information with you all.
I do have a contract with o2, voda uk and all the other network sims on payg.
Customer care is paramount to me expecially in my role and im always polite and helpful.
So hear goes.
Im not far of a upgrade and wanted to swap my Sim card in my HTC Desire for a Micro sim card so I can try a Iphone 4 before i buy one.
So I called into my Local o2 Shop and the person I spoke was helpful and said not a problem. I was given the sim card and even a sim card holder to covert it back into a normal sim card after for my htc desire.
10/10 for that
Went into another o2 shop, same area but different shop. Same question but this time was for my friend. Again no problem with the sim card, but they dont do coverters to make it back into the large sim card. fair enough but what then confused me, they said they o2 never do them, so when i said they do, the guy was a bit abrupt and said no the dont and never had done. But again the card was free and no probs.
Went to Vodafone (as i have a contract with them as well) and again no problems but they dont the conveters but advised me to go to ebay.
Then went into Orange and same question asked, this time for a PAYG sim
Advisor was yes and there £25 with £10 credit.
I said but i only want to swap the sim, answer was yes £25.
I said well o2 and Voda swap your sims for free. Was told well we dont and there £25 and the guy walked of.
Asked again in another shop and told the same thing.
Didnt ask t-mobile as by then i really had given up.
Im not sticking up for o2 and i dont work for them, but there are always things you need to look at.
o2 customer care ive always found to be polite and helpful and its uk based.
Vodafone customer is rather pot luck. It took me 45 mins and 4 call centers to change my direct debit but they are polite.
Orange customer care is some what polite but on many occasions have no idea what you are asking them.
I was with Orange before FT purchased them and in 1 year it went shockingly down hill.
I know that alot of people on here mention the retention deals and that other networks are much better.
I have to admit, they are but to be honest. But you pay for what you get and now a days nothing is free.
Orange charge you £25 for a replacement Sim card if your phone is stolen, (Friend of mine had theres stolen and thats the reason why i know)
o2 dont.
Voda charge per the min. So you make a 15 sec call, its rounded to 1 min out of your free mins. Make a 1 min and 1 sec call, well thats 2 mins then please.
again o2 dont.
going abroad, orange charge mms between 75p to £1.50. o2 well thats 20p-25p depending on tariff, voda charge for the mms and data charges as well.
there is much more and you get to see what im saying.
what you loose with one you gain with another.
Any way, thats me over and if you would like to comment on anything please do, or if you have any other interesting facts too.
Remeber Tariffs may look the same on paper for mins, sms etc, but then when you look deeper, things then change between networks.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
i totally agree with the title. i've been with orange and vodafone in the past (granted,not for quite a few years since i found both of them as useless as eachother) and found o2 the lesser of 3 evils.
I've never had an issue with o2 that i wasnt able to solve.Not always first time around,but it always got sorted.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I to have always found O2 staff polite and willing to help.
I expect the majority of people on here complaining about O2 staff attitude propbably start their queries in a rude manner so its no wonder they get the perceived bad service,
I have been with O2 for about 10 years and yes do do get what you pay for, not perfect but better than most
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then went into Orange and same question asked, this time for a PAYG sim
Advisor was yes and there £25 with £10 credit.
I said but i only want to swap the sim, answer was yes £25.
I said well o2 and Voda swap your sims for free. Was told well we dont and there £25 and the guy walked of.
Asked again in another shop and told the same thing.

-----------------------
Orange charge you £25 for a replacement Sim card if your phone is stolen, (Friend of mine had theres stolen and thats the reason why i know)
o2 dont.
-----------------------
Voda charge per the min. So you make a 15 sec call, its rounded to 1 min out of your free mins. Make a 1 min and 1 sec call, well thats 2 mins then please.
again o2 dont.

Right, in order to correct some inaccuarcies here....
1) Orange do indeed charge £15+£10 topup for the sim, however this give 250MB data each month for a year and free access to BT Openzone hotspots, so worth the money.
2) Orange charge £3+VAT for a replacement sim on Pay Monthly, not £25
3) Vodafone have a minimum charge of 1 minute, but per second billing after that.
Sorry, needed to get that off my chest.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Orange charge for a replacement sim? :womanindifferent:
I've never had a worse experience than Orange. EVERY single person I spoke to was either rude, uncaring or sounded like they'd rather shove needles in their eyes than talk to a customer. This is no exaggeration.
Vodafone wasn't too bad, they messed up a sim only 30 day contract, put it through as 18 months. It took a couple of phone calls to finally get somebody to take ownership of the issue but they were generally polite and tried to help.
T-Mobile are fine, have always been polite and helpful, if I was going to choose a new 'main' supplier for my phone I'd probably choose them if I were going by standard of customer service.
3, well ordering mobile broadband was a bit more of a hassle then I'd have liked but the product worked perfectly and when it came to cancelling the service I was offered a great retentions deal that, had I not just got fixed line broadband put in, I would have jumped at.
As the OP has said o2 aren't always cheapest and they aren't actually aiming to be 'a cheap network', they're trying go for quality and turn customers into fans. They put a huge drive behind customer satisfaction.
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Didn't work with me. I've every intention of leaving O2 at the end of my contract in October next year, even though they've given me a tenner off my iPhone 45 plan.
Message 6 of 6