cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 lost my phone - 7 whole weeks without a phone and counting...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, 

I'm a pay monthly customer (24 month contract) at O2. I sent my Samsung galaxy S4 white for repairs due to battery and network connection problems(under warranty). The staff were friendly and happy to send it off.

2 weeks later I get a package and I open it to find a S3 mini Blue! With a note saying that they have repaired my phone.

Shocked and disappointed that I would have to wait longer for my phone, I took the S3 along with my repair receipt to the O2 store. The manager told me that she would handle this case personally. Since then I've had to chase them again and again for progress.

The manager has been working on my case and is friendly but bad at keeping communications; I’ve had to call her each time for updates.

I am now in my 8th week without a phone!

In terms of progress:

1. I was promised a replacement phone within two weeks but didn’t receive it and upon contacting and asking them for an explanation, they told me that it had been disapproved since the O2 repairs was blaming O2 store for not sending them my phone in the first place.
  2. Then it was a reapproved by the franchise manager and yet I still received nothing and was told that they would chase it up again.
  3. And lastly I was told that my phone had been sent for recycling by mistake and that I was being refunded. I was not told how much but that the payment had been made and should be in my account shortly. However, again, I got nothing. I contacted the manager was told that she would chase it up and I would be given a refund or a replacement phone and that I should contact her again on Monday (today 1/12/14)

Now, what I would like to know from you guys (please) is if there’s anything more which I can do? I’ve been very patient with them, having to endure 7 weeks without a phone and being charged monthly for it is very inconvenient and infuriating. Furthermore, the only replacement phone O2 offers its customers is an old £26 phone with no smart features such as email etc...

Any company especially a big one such as O2 should not be allowed to treat their customers like crap and not give them the respect they deserve. They should put their customers before profit and loss. I should have been given a replacement phone or a refund straight away as this was clearly their mistake, not mine.

Thanks for reading.

Kind regards,

Aniq

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you use the complaints link ? If you have ,by accepting the offer from the store you don't have to drop the claim.

Even if they sort the phone out it doesn't mean you are not allowed to complain for the bad experience 

As for the store manager, not only she can authorize the phone to be replaced but she can also as a good will gesture offer you something else, and if you are still not happy,it can be escalated to the are manager. The store managers have the resources to deal with their own complaints, but sometimes they need to be remind of that....

Message 31 of 50

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93271 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Peronally I would want a new phone, itt's not as though that model is hard to come by. Whichever option you choose, @Anonymous has given you good advice.

Message 32 of 50

Cleoriff
  • 124232 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Peronally I would want a new phone, itt's not as though that model is hard to come by. Whichever option you choose, @Anonymous has given you good advice.

Agree...I would go for the new phone without a doubt. Thanks @Anonymous for clarifying

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's just say I have a bit of experience with retail complaints...Most people assume that stores don't handle their own complaints but they do and they can, sometimes it's just easy to let customer services/complaints team do it.Smiley Frustrated

Message 34 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

**Update**

Thank you all for your advice. 

Went to the store today to talk to the manager about all this. She said that a refund or compensation is out of the question. She's decided to refund me £25 for my troubles. So, I've decided to leave the replacement phone(S4) with her now. I've told her that I've already bought a 2nd hand Iphone 5. She told me to sell it ¬¬

I'm gona see her again on Friday after talking with CS again to see if they can cancel my contract with O2. Although, she said that CS wouldn't cancel my contract unless I paid off the remaining cost of my contract.  

Message 35 of 50

MI5
  • 146960 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Shocking service 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 36 of 50

Cleoriff
  • 124232 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

After all the excellent advice given by @Anonymous it would be interesting to hear her thoughts on this fiasco...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm going to be very honest, at this point, there are 2 options : You either pursue it with the area manager or the complaints team. And for you all that know me you know that I don't just send people to the complaint review service but on this one I feel that they are best equipped to deal with this.
Message 38 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless @Toby has any other suggestions...?

Message 39 of 50

Cleoriff
  • 124232 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm going to be very honest, at this point, there are 2 options : You either pursue it with the area manager or the complaints team. And for you all that know me you know that I don't just send people to the complaint review service but on this one I feel that they are best equipped to deal with this.

Thanks for your response @Anonymous Something for the op to consider carefully....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 50