cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 lost my phone - 7 whole weeks without a phone and counting...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, 

I'm a pay monthly customer (24 month contract) at O2. I sent my Samsung galaxy S4 white for repairs due to battery and network connection problems(under warranty). The staff were friendly and happy to send it off.

2 weeks later I get a package and I open it to find a S3 mini Blue! With a note saying that they have repaired my phone.

Shocked and disappointed that I would have to wait longer for my phone, I took the S3 along with my repair receipt to the O2 store. The manager told me that she would handle this case personally. Since then I've had to chase them again and again for progress.

The manager has been working on my case and is friendly but bad at keeping communications; I’ve had to call her each time for updates.

I am now in my 8th week without a phone!

In terms of progress:

1. I was promised a replacement phone within two weeks but didn’t receive it and upon contacting and asking them for an explanation, they told me that it had been disapproved since the O2 repairs was blaming O2 store for not sending them my phone in the first place.
  2. Then it was a reapproved by the franchise manager and yet I still received nothing and was told that they would chase it up again.
  3. And lastly I was told that my phone had been sent for recycling by mistake and that I was being refunded. I was not told how much but that the payment had been made and should be in my account shortly. However, again, I got nothing. I contacted the manager was told that she would chase it up and I would be given a refund or a replacement phone and that I should contact her again on Monday (today 1/12/14)

Now, what I would like to know from you guys (please) is if there’s anything more which I can do? I’ve been very patient with them, having to endure 7 weeks without a phone and being charged monthly for it is very inconvenient and infuriating. Furthermore, the only replacement phone O2 offers its customers is an old £26 phone with no smart features such as email etc...

Any company especially a big one such as O2 should not be allowed to treat their customers like crap and not give them the respect they deserve. They should put their customers before profit and loss. I should have been given a replacement phone or a refund straight away as this was clearly their mistake, not mine.

Thanks for reading.

Kind regards,

Aniq

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

Thanks again for your responses! I hope all of your are doing well.

I've spoken to the manager and she said that the should refund me the phone payment for this month (£20).

In terms of the phone refund:

- I asked her what happened to the payment that was supposed to have debited into my account already, she said that apparantly they've debited it into a wrong account. And that if I go for a refund, at most it would be £100!(which is the recycle value of an S4 4g - actual value of my S4 in the contract is £430 approx). Other than that she said that a replacement S4 was still (7weeks on) being sorted out.

- I told her that I no longer want a refurbished replacement phone because I've bought a second hand replacement phone due to the ridiculously long wait and she says that she will speak to her manager and get back to me on Wednesday. 

I'm really not happy with thier response. I had hoped that a refund meant a refund of all the monthly phone payments I've paid up till now and then my contract being switched to a sim only. It's insulting to be offered a recycle price for my phone when it was they who sent it to recycling by mistake. The only option left now is to email the CEO.

Message 21 of 50

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Good luck mate - stick at it wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are all rooting for you. 😄
Message 23 of 50

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Message 24 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!!! Veryyy much appreciated! 

Most helpful and friendly community I've come accross so far.

You guys are the best ^^

Message 25 of 50

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hope all gets sorted and soon..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You guys are the best ^^

Blushing.  😳

Message 27 of 50

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You guys are the best ^^

Blushing.  😳

Never. ....:smileywink:

Message 28 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, 

I hope you're enjoying the weekend.

Just to give you guys an update, I just rang the O2 store and they've told me that my phone has arrived in store for collection - even though I told them that I've already bought a 2nd hand phone now. Should I accept the phone and drop the whole 7 whole weeks without phone complaint? 

Thanks for your help you awesome people!

Message 29 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

This has to be your decision.

If this was my situation id accept the phone and discuss a GoodWill Gesture.
Message 30 of 50