cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 lost my phone - 7 whole weeks without a phone and counting...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, 

I'm a pay monthly customer (24 month contract) at O2. I sent my Samsung galaxy S4 white for repairs due to battery and network connection problems(under warranty). The staff were friendly and happy to send it off.

2 weeks later I get a package and I open it to find a S3 mini Blue! With a note saying that they have repaired my phone.

Shocked and disappointed that I would have to wait longer for my phone, I took the S3 along with my repair receipt to the O2 store. The manager told me that she would handle this case personally. Since then I've had to chase them again and again for progress.

The manager has been working on my case and is friendly but bad at keeping communications; I’ve had to call her each time for updates.

I am now in my 8th week without a phone!

In terms of progress:

1. I was promised a replacement phone within two weeks but didn’t receive it and upon contacting and asking them for an explanation, they told me that it had been disapproved since the O2 repairs was blaming O2 store for not sending them my phone in the first place.
  2. Then it was a reapproved by the franchise manager and yet I still received nothing and was told that they would chase it up again.
  3. And lastly I was told that my phone had been sent for recycling by mistake and that I was being refunded. I was not told how much but that the payment had been made and should be in my account shortly. However, again, I got nothing. I contacted the manager was told that she would chase it up and I would be given a refund or a replacement phone and that I should contact her again on Monday (today 1/12/14)

Now, what I would like to know from you guys (please) is if there’s anything more which I can do? I’ve been very patient with them, having to endure 7 weeks without a phone and being charged monthly for it is very inconvenient and infuriating. Furthermore, the only replacement phone O2 offers its customers is an old £26 phone with no smart features such as email etc...

Any company especially a big one such as O2 should not be allowed to treat their customers like crap and not give them the respect they deserve. They should put their customers before profit and loss. I should have been given a replacement phone or a refund straight away as this was clearly their mistake, not mine.

Thanks for reading.

Kind regards,

Aniq

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the forum.

What an utter mess ! 😔

Please don't accept a phone that is in anyway less in spec and price than your original.

I'd speak to the manager again and or call customer services on 202.

Personally also if this was me I would think about escalating this to http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

They do offer only feature phones to lend while a customers phone is away for repairs.

Also we do suggest using the manufacturer uk support site to arrange repairs as they know their hardware and software better and we have recently heard some not so good stories from O2 repairs.
Message 2 of 50

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122119 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

An absolute disgrace. The key parts of this story are....they sent your phone for recycling by mistake..and you have been without a phone for nearly 8 weeks.

Therefore you are owed a phone of the same or similar specs asap.

It seems that you really have to keep badgering them for some sort of resolution.

Don't be tempted to cancel any direct debit payment. The only loser there would be yourself.

Our community coordinator @Toby frequently helps with issues of this nature. I am wondering whether he feels he could have an input into your case?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 50

MI5
  • 143186 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Have you called a UK CS rep on 202 to discuss this?
It seems you are been given the run around, which is sadly the way things are with O2 at the moment 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Cleoriff @bandofbrothers @MI5

Thanks for the warm welcome and responses.

If I am given a replacement phone, should O2 refund the amount charged for the handset for the previous month? Also, considering the hassle I’ve had to go through, even a replacement phone of the same spec doesn’t sound appealing. I will be refunded (hopefully).  

@AnonymousI will follow your advice and complain if I’m not given a definitive solution today

@Cleoriff thanks for the advice and I won’t be cancelling any direct debit payments as I would like to settle this as peacefully and as quickly as possible. And, I’m looking forward to hearing from @Toby

@MI5 I’ve not spoken to UK CS yet as the manager told me that she would handle this case personally and deal with them herself.

Message 5 of 50

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

I think you've waited long enough. In fact you shouldn't have waitied this long. Call Customer Services.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 50

MI5
  • 143186 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
I echo that from Bambino.
Call CS and also ask that they refund you the time without your phone.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

What an absolute shambles! I'd be demanding the latest handest of my choice and compensation. What about all the personal info on the phone, as well as photos etc the OP may not have backed up, thinking that they would be getting their phone back!

With such a debacle  to date, I'd be worried they haven't fully wiped the phone before disposing of it, and id be changing all my passwords/logins asap!!!

Message 8 of 50

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Aniq,

Sorry to hear about this situation. As Bambino has said, give customer services a call to see if you can get an update. If you do with no success, send me a private message and we can have a chat about this to see if I can help.

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You're welcome.

Make a list of what costs you've incurred and lost usage. Then put that forward in a constructive manner. 

I certainly hope they see sense in this case and offer a reasonable solution. 

Please let us know what they do / say. 

Message 10 of 50