cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 keeps taking my money without my permission

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a new 02 pay as you go account and 02 keeps taking my money and "giving" me in return "data" that I neither want or need.

How do I stop them doing this? 

How do I get my money back?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27643 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I figured out how to do that myself. I've taken out the o2 simcard.

I'm off to see if I can still load up my old Orange simcard.

With respect, unless you turn off data, any network sim card will try to connect and you will be charged.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous and welcome to the Community Forum,

What your being charged is the Web Daily fee O2 charge if you either do not have a data allowance in your tariff or if a person uses up their data allowance and connects to o2's data services.

You have a couple of options.

If you want to start using O2's Mobile Data Internet then add a bolt on or change your current tariff to one with a data allowance within it, this can be done via online MyO2, Live Chat http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/contactus or ringing CS on 4445.

Or if you don't want to use o2's mobile Internet services then turn off "Mobile Data" in your phones settings or intentionally change the APN settings in the phone so it never connects.  This link shows you what APN settings are : http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/chapter/595-04-how-to-set-apn-settings-for-the-02-mobile-network

The web daily is £1 per day for 50mb of Internet usage.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),CASE=31566

You could ask Customer Servces about the return of the credit used as they will be able to see if you have used the 50mb given for the money deducted from your account.

As this is user defined via your own phones settings they don't have to return the credit ,but may do so as a Goodwill Gesture.

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27643 Solutions
If you tell us which phone you have we can tell you how to stop it completely.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27643 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

With respect, unless you turn off data, any network sim card will try to connect and you will be charged.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If your phone is not sourced from an o2 shop and is unlocked to all networks then yes it should work.

I assume orange provides a strong network signal to your area and you have a data package in your tariff with them, or you turn off mobile data ?

Message 6 of 6