cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 keeps failing to get money from Barclaycard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

For some months now O2 say they have been refused payment by my Barclaycard account.

They have then barred the phones 2 off, variously.

Today, Barclaycard told me that many other O2 customers who use Barclaycard to pay O2 have been experiencing the same problem and that Barclaycard have been in contact with O2 and established that O2 know that they have a system problem.  Problem is that O2 Customer Services appear unaware.

Please, has anyone else had this problem and what is your take on this?

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We regularly hear of similar issues with o2's payment system.
All we can suggest is to keep trying customer services or raise a complaint.
All details on link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 35

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just for info, alternative ways to pay here, but of course O2 really want everyone on a direct debit.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-pay-my-bill/ba-p/1014090
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 35

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 will never admit to a system fault evrี though it's been proven to be flawed many times

Message 4 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for your responses.

I was beginning to think that I was losing it...

There was a real problem last month and my Wife's phone was again barred.  On that occasion, when she tried to contact me in another part of the house to ask for a morphine top up (she has cancer) her phone would not work.

In spite of promises from O2 that the 2 phones we use will not be barred in future, it still seems to keep happening, as has happened this month again, though fortunately Jane at O2 left me a personal voice mail letting me know that payment for January had failed.  Strange thing is that the payments for September, October and November all went through perfectly.  Since I opened my first O2 account in 1996/7, I have always payed by Barclaycard and O2 have always had their money.

I hope that someone at O2 actually reads this and sends it to the O2 CEO so that he is made aware of the situation.  

A minority of Service Staff have been very helpful (Jane and Gemma) but the rest have not and in the extreme have told me to pay up NOW or the bar cannot be lifted, or be cut off permanently and threatened with an adverse credit report from O2.  At best, this sort of behaviour can only be considered as likely to cause a breach of the peace and, at worst some would say it amounts to blackmail and fraud as the cause of the problem is all too clearly O2's.

I would like to thing that, under the circumstances, I might get a written apology from the CEO, before this gets to become an open letter of complaint to the CEO posted in the National Papers.

Message 5 of 35

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can find the email address of the ceo on Google.
I suggest you send him an email as it's the only way he'll get to know about it.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 35

IT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I too have recently had problems with my continuous payment by Barclaycard. This payment method was authorised back in the days of Cellnet and has worked fine for years but last August the payment did not go through and it was ok until December where it again failed and today I have once again had a text saying my bill is overdue.

I have spoken to customer services who say I need to speak to the bank and Barclaycard say the problem is with O2. Neither will say why the transaction has failed.

Last month when this happened the only advice cs could give was to set up a direct debit instead, which I may well have to do, but it is frustrating not knowing why this is happening.

Message 7 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@ITI will tag @Martin-O2 and @Marjo into the thread. They are Community Admin and hopefully can find out what the problem is with Barclaycard and O2. We had a situation last year where the payment system was failing with any card auto payment. This was resolved. Now it appears to have started again with Barclaycard.

Pop back to the thread later in the morning and hopefully there will be a response for you wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 35

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff

@Anonymous I'll ask the team to look into this for you. I'll need a few details so I'll send you a private message so we can talk further. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update 5/2/2018

Today, it was decided by the NHS to move my Wife to an Hospice. When the move came I tried to tell the family and friends but found my mobile blocked yet again, with my messages and calls being diverted to 'pay up or else'.

This evening, I had just got in from settling my Wife in the hospice to be told that her mobile phone had also been barred.

After spending some extended time on the my mobile and begging O2 to read the notes on the accounts, both phones were re-connected along with threats of charges for non payment and O2 reporting me for debt.

Since I was previously on line, I had an PM to which I replied giving my personal details.  I have had no feed back at all.  Not even an  acknowledgment of my details.

Having received no satisfactory explanation from O2 on this matter I must conclude that O2 has no interest in supplying a reliable service to subscribers, particularly in cases of serious circumstances.  In 1965, I had an RTA and had no phone money - after I explained the situation I was put through immediately to my Father without charge.  I am appalled that O2 no longer subscribes to these level of service and even goes to the lengths of pretending to deal with such problems on this forum, but in reality does nothing.

This matter has been going on since last year, 2017.  

As I remember the original communications charter, bring back the GPO, this would have been considered as a gross breech and subject to very serious penalties in law from HMG; loss of licence and fines and even imprisonment in extreme cases.

HMG, how is it that O2 are able to get away with this level of gross in humanity?

O2, is this just an awful ****** up which is bering sorted out by O2 urgently?

Come on O2, wake up and do something for crying out loud...

Message 10 of 35