Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 inclusive zone

Whit2k
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am curious as to why I have a bolt on for O2 inclusive zone travel... I am in Mexico which is in the list.... And I am being charged for texts and calls... I have sent 2 texts and made 1 call yet have 4 charges for texts.....
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
If you have the bolt on then you need to contact customer service. Use the free number, not live chat.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Check you have the correct tariff
https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It appears that non of the travel inclusive destinations actually work correctly.
Some areas are blocking connections whilst others are charging when they shouldn't be.
O2 have had long enough to sort this out but have failed so make a complaint and you should also be refunded any charges that you shouldn't have incurred.
Use the Resolver option here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it’s standard issue as I have got it yet haven’t been abroad yet I had the bolt on added when I upgraded a month ago

Message 4 of 7

Whit2k
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for rapid replies.... Weirdly since posting... 2 of my text charges have gone off my bill (due in days)... But it does still leave the others... I'll contact O2 when I get home...
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I find this totally pathetic if honest. O2 are aware of this issue and have failed to act on it.

Sorry but it seems it was a big con to get people to sign up with the right phone and tariff and then fail to deliver a service they promised. People are being charged money and probably getting into debt, through no fault of ther own.

Not really interested in any excuses they may offer, or refunds they may or may not make.They have failed badly and I would be following the complaints route. Not only asking for a refund but some sort of compensation.

It's like being offered a Winnebago to travel the US and finding you have been given a Mini instead!!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

But this is exactly how things have been going for the last few years. Customers promised much but fail to deliver. This is the way of all O2 promotions, be it free screen replacement, free tablets, free headsets etc etc etc. Just look at the number of customers in bad reception areas conned into signing up because O2 offered TU, then found the app withdrawn with so many stuck on a 2 year contract and unable to use their phone at home, sometimes could have been the difference between life and death.

Making a complaint is a definite must. Unless people make their anger known O2 will be in no hurry to breathe new life into their failing systems. Big money needs to be invested O2, are you listening to your customers? That would be a no then.....

Message 7 of 7