cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 in breach of contract?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am signed up for and about halfway through my contract.
However the service being provided is awful. Simply put the signal anywhere near my home is so weak as to be pathetic. It's taken ten minutes to get their own forum to load.
Does this constitute a breach of contract as they are not providing the service I am paying an exorbitant amount for?

I've had just about enough, I should be able to use the internet via my phone wherever I am not just in the odd place where the signal happens to be good.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10134 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

Unfortunatley not as most mobile phone carriers have a caveat and clause in there contracts that you read and agreed to before signing o2's is 2.2 and also section 4 of the quick summary, im afraid the onus is on you to check coverage where you need it to work before you take out the contract. 

Have you checked the postcodes you are trying to use the phone in for any network outages in your area? 

http://status.o2.co.uk

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
They told me the coverage was good in my area and still insist that it is. They are either lying or mistaken.
This has been an ongoing problem for two years now so I suspect it isn't due to an outage.
When I go into the shop to complain they look at me as if I am mad.
I'm sick of being trodden down by these thieves.
Message 3 of 16

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10134 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

Have you tried your simcard in a different phone, and seen if the issue persists in a different device, as this could actually be a fault on your handset.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It's your responsibility to check coverage meets your needs before taking a contract or within your 14 day cooling off period.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
This has been the same with four handsets. Blackberry 9000, HTC M8, Nokia Lumia 950 and Cubot Dinosaur.
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
"It's your responsibility to check coverage meets your needs before taking a contract or within your 14 day cooling off period."

I was told coverage would improve, I have been an o2 customer for over ten years and took them at their word.
My fault for being a loyal customer I suppose. Shame that once the contract is signed they couldn't care less.
Message 7 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Are you on refresh?
If so, just pay off your phone and leave.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I pay off the phone I'm still stuck with the service charges.
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
While I appreciate your attempts to help MI5 they are not helpful so please dont bother pal.
Message 10 of 16