Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 in USA

DavidHitchen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can I use my phone in USA for free with the travel bolt on's active?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@DavidHitchen you need to have the Travel inclusive bolt on for use in USA with no extra charges. 

If you just have the basic O2 travel it will cost £4.99 per day or you can just pay standard rates http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@DavidHitchen you need to have the Travel inclusive bolt on for use in USA with no extra charges. 

If you just have the basic O2 travel it will cost £4.99 per day or you can just pay standard rates http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@DavidHitchen 

Just be warned though, the data speeds in the US are pretty poor according to many who post on here.

Your best bet, if your phone is unlocked, is to use a local sim.

Or failing that, make use of the plentiful free wifi available

Enjoy your trip and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@DavidHitchen  As @Cleoriff  has said, data speeds using an O2 sim in the US will be poor. Getting a local sim from T-Mobile or AT&T would be better for you for data, but it also depends on how long you're planning to be in the US. If you're going to use public WiFi, I would also suggest you install a VPN.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @DavidHitchen, did all the info above answer your question? If you need anything else, please give us a shout slight_smile

Whereabouts are you going to in the USA, if you don't mind me asking? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5