cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 in Droitwich (WR9)

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 network down in Droitwich for nearly a week now. Any phone working on the O2 network (O2, Tesco, GiffGaff) almost totally useless. No signal (well, intermittently one bar, but usually no network at all) for calls or Data. Contacted them via live chat - not at all interested. Contacted CEO - not very interested but have written again in the hope that they would accept that they must have someone within the company with some idea of when service is likely to be resumed!! When my contract is finished I'll be off to EE I think..........

Message 1 of 102
101 REPLIES 101

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You can now ask customer services to email and or text you on the status of your mast which I assume is showing at fault. Check here http://status.o2.co.uk

O2 have been known to offer a Goodwilll gesture for prolonged downtime if you ask but they don't have to as this is covered in their T&C.
Message 2 of 102

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just checked and as you say their are mast issues.

Live results for WR9

Sorry we're currently working on a phone mast in this area

You might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails.
Updated 16:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

Normal coverage for Voice, text and email (2G)
Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
Good indoors and outdoors.

Normal coverage for Mobile internet and voice (3G)
Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.
Message 3 of 102

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I know they are working on the mast - what gets me is that they seem to have absolutely NO idea of when this work will be completed! Any company that undertakes maintenance/installation work with no target completion time or any idea of how long it may take must be a very, very inefficient one......... Mind you - if they have no target times or aims then bags me a job as a technician there - must be a doddle!!

Message 4 of 102

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Maintenance and repairs are outsourced and not directly linked with O2 so CS wouldn't get regular updates.
There is a new system in place whereby O2 will text and email updates to you but this is new and we're not sure how well it works tbh.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 102

Anonymous
Not applicable
In their T&C it says "we'll try to fix it quickly."

Weather , engineers , parts and in some cases permission to enter land may be factors too.

As I say you can request for updates if you ring customer services.
Message 6 of 102

Anonymous
Not applicable

They may say that they 'try to fix it quickly' but I see little sign of that.

I can't believe that people accept a weeks (or more as it's ongoing) loss is acceptable. If BT dropped it's service to a whole area for a week there would be uproar! What the heck makes O2 so special!!

Message 7 of 102

Anonymous
Not applicable
As a fellow customer like you ,I agree.

I had intermittent coverage for 2 weeks a while back which was frustrating to say the least.
Message 8 of 102

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Aren't all the mobile networks the same....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 102

Anonymous
Not applicable

Coverage in WR9 has always been patchy where 3G is concerned. I have complained before, but never got answers or replies.

All works mobiles here are on O2, so getting hold of people (the works site is quite large) is a nightmare!

I've found that turning 3G off & back on again connects my own phone, but it only last for a couple of seconds.

Travelling near the mast in question, it never seems like anyone is working on it, so perhaps O2 are expecting it to repair/upgrade itself?

Very poor, O2, very poor!!

Message 10 of 102