Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 haven't bothered to turn my SIM card back on yet

AndyA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ordered an iPhone XR on Sunday. 5 minutes after confirmation email that my order had indeed gone through my sim in my iPhone 6s plus went to 'no service'. Fine I thought, thinking that once my new phone arrived the next day (it didn't, it came on the Tuesday) it would be reactivated and that would be that. Nope, they still haven't turned it back on. When I spoke to 3 different online chat agents yesterday I kept being told to be, and  I quote 'be  patient' after they told me it could be up to another 5 days before they can be bothered to turn it back on again.

Has anyone else had to deal with this? To be fair until now I've had a problem with O2 in my 10+ years of custom

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @AndyA, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with your new SIM card worried

It sounds like it might already been looked into, but I'd happily get one of our gurus to take another look at what's happened and whether there's anything else they can do! I'll send you a Private Message shortly to get some more details slight_smile

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff star

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

AndyA
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I forgot to add that all 3 of the online agents, bearing in mind my phone doesn't work due to 'no service' and I don't have a landline at home, to call 202........ From a phone that doesn't work! I managed to use my work landline yesterday and go a reference number from them. They did say I'd be a priority but I still have no service
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AndyA 

I find it very weird that your old phone went off to No service, just after you ordered a new one. This isn't the way it works at all. You should have received your new phone and swapped sims before any of that happened....So it could be coincidental.

However, the fact you now have your new phone and it's still showing no service is ridiculous.

I will ask our community manager @EmilieT  if she can investigate further.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

AndyA
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That would be much appreciated, thank you
Message 4 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @AndyA, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with your new SIM card worried

It sounds like it might already been looked into, but I'd happily get one of our gurus to take another look at what's happened and whether there's anything else they can do! I'll send you a Private Message shortly to get some more details slight_smile

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff star

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 5 of 9

AndyA
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for your help
Message 6 of 9

AndyA
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry if this was a slow reply everyone. The issue is now resolved and I’m up and running. Thanks all for your help and support
Message 7 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

No worries @AndyA, really good to hear it's all sorted and thanks for letting us know! slight_smile

signature

Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Great News @AndyA thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9