Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 have texted me this - what does it mean?

Well I just changed my tariff from 300 24 to 600 24 and they sent me this text.
Changing tariff means the charges on your next bill will show:
-A day's credits for line rental from your old tariff as you've already been billed for this.
-A day's charge for the new tariff line rental, plus one month charge for the new tariff line rental in advance, as usual.
Can somebody please explain this to me in detail.
My next payment date is 1st September, I'm already £45 over on my current £35 a month tariff, my new tariff is also £35 a month so how much will I be expected to pay on 1st September?
Thanks.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: O2 have texted me this - what does it mean?

If your old and new tariff are both £35 don't worry about the credit and charge, they will cancel each other out as the amounts are the same. This only affects people who are changing price.
From what you wrote you will pay the tariff charge of £35 in advance plus the call charges from this month plus any VAT due on the calls (20% remember)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well my previous tariff was £31 to be precise and my new one is £34. So on on 1st September I have to pay only £79 plus VAT?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Basically yes, give or take a few pence. Your tariff price includes VAT already so you only pay extra VAT on the extra charges.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Basically yes, give or take a few pence. Your tariff price includes VAT already so you only pay extra VAT on the extra charges.

One thing though, you say you have just changed tariff but your next payment date is 1st September. This seems wrong to me as the gap seems too big, Your tariff normally changes on your bill date and you then pay it two weeks later.
Could you clarify, did you have a bill produced on the 1st August (payable on the 15th) or is your bill date the 17th August to give a payment date on the 1st September? If you can give me the exact date your bill is created, your recent charges amount and the exact date your tariff changed I can help you work out your bill as I used to do it for a living, lol.
If you did have a bill produced on the 1st August you will have to pay whatever amount it says as no charges are added after it's produced.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well my next bill date is the 18th of august and my next payment date is 1st September. My last payment date was 1st August and my last bill date was 18th July.
My tariff is due to change on the 17th August.
Thanks.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thank you, that all makes perfect sense. In that case the advice I gave you still stands, except if you have already accrued £45 in call charges be aware you will continue to add to this every time you make a call until your tariff changes if your allowance has run out. On the day your tariff changes you will get another free 20 mins and the full 600 minutes of the new allowance the following day, this is why your bill will contain an extra 1 day charge, so be careful of the calls you make on that first day.
It's 20 minutes on the day because 600 a month equates to 20 per day on a pro rata basis.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks thats such a relief, so just to clarify, I dont have to pay the monthly line rental for this month, just the money I have spent on calls? So providing I dont make anymore calls my next bill will be £79 plus VAT?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Correct, this months line rental is on your July bill and already paid for, so your next bill will be next months tariff and this months calls and their VAT.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Woah thats a huge relief, thanks so much Smiley Happy