Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 has broken its agreement

Using O2's online chat service, I requested in CLEAR WRITTEN ENGLISH that I would like my Orange PAYG account be ported to my O2 PAYM account and for my O2 PAYM account to be ported to an O2 PAYG account at the same time.
O2's agent agreed with everything and told me what would arrive and when it the changes would take place etc. "Brilliant" I thought and I gave positive feedback. The next day, the move from Orange to O2 went well.
Now, after 5 online interactions in clear written english, I am told that my original business O2 PAYM mobile number that I have had for years has been totally lost and is irrecoverable. This O2 number is my business line by the way and I have now been without this number for nearly a week!
The agreement that was made on at least 3 occasions in subsequent online clear written english discussions. And to my utter surprise, I get told today that the original O2 contract number is now lost.
If this is actually true and I am not being given yet more incorrect information or invalid advice from O2's customer service agents, then O2 has clearly broken it's agreement and has been destructive as result.
I am waiting for a call back from O2 about this but suffice to say, I am far from being happy about the service received. What started out as one very simple request has turned into a significant issue due to incompetent staff, lack of training and clearly an inability to comprehend what is being communicated.
The reason one uses the online chat service is so that one doesn't have to verbally communicate with people who don't understand simple english. Now, with plain written text at the very least one would expect is that clarity and understanding is made easier - clearly not.
Would love to hear back from folks about what they would do or have done in situations like these.
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: O2 has broken its agreement

use the complaints review service.
http://bit.ly/qBheCx
We are all customers here only a few official o2 staff post here usernames ending in @o2 and say site admin.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that there's been a hiccup with your number changes.
We'd be really interested to hear how your callback goes? Could I ask who you're expecting a call from?
Let us know how things progress - if you need our input, we're more than happy to take a look.
Thanks
Paul
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks Paul. I am waiting for a call back from the Customer Resolutions Team and I am in the process of writing to the Complaint Review Service and the Director of Customer Services.
If this was a personal number then it would be less of an issue but my business is losing out because of this hence the urgency and importance in getting it resolved.
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

thanks paul the power of twitter Smiley Wink
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks Paul. I am waiting for a call back from the Customer Resolutions Team and I am in the process of writing to the Complaint Review Service and the Director of Customer Services.
If this was a personal number then it would be less of an issue but my business is losing out because of this hence the urgency and importance in getting it resolved.

Okay, and when did they say that they'd call you back?
I understand the importance of the number for you Smiley Happy
Paul
Highlighted
Anonymous

thanks paul the power of twitter Smiley Wink

Sorry, the power of what Adam? Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Anonymous

The agent mentioned in the next 24hrs.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Okay.
If you don't hear back within that time period, let us know and we'll take a look into it for you Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Due to receiving no response whatsoever, I posted an email query complaint as well as written. I included all detailed information to provide O2 with sufficient data to address this issue.
About 2hrs after, someone left a pointless message saying we are trying to contact you. No return number, only a statement saying we will contact you later - which of course never happened.
I later received an automated email stating I need to provide password/memorable information which I did in the email query in the first place.
What now? Shall I seek legal advice? Shall I call and write to OFCOM? How does one get a sense of urgency on this so that O2 does the right thing???
Would appreciate some support please.