Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,855
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: O2 has broken its agreement

1 Did you email complaint review service? if so you should get an auto respons and a reply in 5 working days.
2 Send a pm tp paul so he is aware of your continued issues.(supplying him with all the details in password etc)
3 let us know how you get on
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks.
I see that writing to OFCOM would be pointless. I have emailed the complaints review service and this is also falling on deaf ears as far as I am concerned.
I'll pm paul now.
Highlighted
Anonymous

If you email the complaint review service it usually takes about a week for them to get back to you, you should have had an automated response instantlly stating that your email has been received.
I wouldn't bother using the normal customer service email, they only deal with basic requests.
It is possible to get the number back, you just need to get ahold of someone who knows the required steps. If it's done the way I know of then you'll probably lose the number that came from Orange in order to get the lost o2 number back...not sure if that's any use?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Under normal processes/procedures, what you wanted to do basically isn't possible.
When you port your Orange number to your PAYM, the original PAYM number is 'deallocated' - this can't then be ported to PAYG as you need an active number to do it.
If you'd ported that number to PAYG first, that would have terminated your PAYM account, so you then wouldn't have been able to port your Orange number in to it.
Technically, it IS still possible to sort this out - but it's WAY out of process, and generally not something that's done. They need to change the SPiD of the deallocated number to PAYG, then manually change the number on the PAYG SIM.
I hope you get it sorted, but I think the best you might be able to hope for is to get your old number back (on PAYM), and lose the Orange no - unless you have another PAYM SIM they can change that no on to.
RE: Writing to Ofcom etc, I'd say this is a waste of time as they are unlikely to intervene for something as non-standard as this. Nor will they suggest O2 provide any sort of compensation (unless of course your PAYM was a business contract ?)
Hope you get it sorted though Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
Thanks for your reply Chris, much appreciated.
Since I was told it was all ok by 3 agents, I of course believed that my request was in safe and capable hands and decided to proceed. I find it hard to believe that more than one individual thought they knew about how to manage this request, but all have tried in ignorance and have destroyed a perfectly good customer relationship that was obviously in the build stage.
I've since found www.telecomsadvice.org.uk for advice about what to do next.
http://www.telecomsadvice.org.uk/infosh ... cisas.html
I'm increasingly frustrated by a lack of response from O2 on this. All that is required is someone's attention to the issue and to propose a sensible, acceptable solution, then it goes away. The longer it is left, the greater the compensation that will be sought and the longer the issue is left ignored.
If anyone has any other advise about the next steps I would be very keen to hear it. Has anyone gone down the small claims court route?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Having just read through your note again Chris. I contacted O2 to seek advice about what I wanted to do and I acted as a result of their advice, repeated on multiple online chat sessions.
The fact that the issue has been caused by O2, and irrespective of whether the account is PAYM or PAYG, any losses or costs as a result of following O2's advice are subject to fair valuation. In that sense, whilst I am not seeking compensation per se, all I want is a fair and acceptable resolution.
Losing the number that I wanted porting in, is not an option. Simply put, the resolution is about either delivering what was promised, or failing that, providing compensation to make the problem mine, or for the want of a better phrase, churning the customer relationship entirely.
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,855
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

have you contacted by pm paul@o2 since his last message? I have flagged this thread again on twitter.
If you pm paul with all the info I am sure they will do there best.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi MostUnhappyCustomer,
Take a look at your PM box Smiley Happy
If you can forward the email as we've asked, we can look into it for you.
Thanks!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks Paul, this has now been done.