cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 has blocked my website as an Anonymizer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm an O2 customer and when I access my new website www.onethousandmoons.com it is blocked by O2. I have checked O2's website and it says it's being blocked because the website is an Anonymizer (whatever that means).

Can somebody at O2 please look into this. I first reported by phone and web in December 2014 and have heard NOTHING back yet.

Thanks, Simon.

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Can somebody at O2 please find out 'why' it shows as an Anomonizer, and ideally explain to us all 'what' that means.

It means the company that is hosting your website is running through an annoymous IP and is therefore "hiding" you from the rest of the world.

This kind of practice is often used by people with something to hide from and many isp's will block these sites.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, according to wikipedia its http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymizer

I haven't got a clue what it all means!

Message 2 of 17

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
There's nothing on your website that I can see - Who is hosting it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there anything more than this on your website, @Anonymous  ?

Welcome to One Thousand Moons Make the most of life!

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same as Gerry, I'm only able to see this:

Screenshot_1.png

Message 5 of 17

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 6 of 17

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

"An anonymizer or an anonymous proxy is a tool that attempts to make activity on the Internet untraceable. It is a proxy server computer that acts as an intermediary and privacy shield between a client computer and the rest of the Internet. It accesses the Internet on the user's behalf, protecting personal information by hiding the client computer's identifying information"

That's why.

@MI5 has asked who is hosting it as that might hold the answer.

http://www.hostgator.com/ appear to be hosting.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 7 of 17

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

"An anonymizer or an anonymous proxy is a tool that attempts to make activity on the Internet untraceable. It is a proxy server computer that acts as an intermediary and privacy shield between a client computer and the rest of the Internet. It accesses the Internet on the user's behalf, protecting personal information by hiding the client computer's identifying information"

That's why.

@MI5 has asked who is hosting it as that might hold the answer.

http://www.hostgator.com/ appear to be hosting.

That would explain it then. Thanks for the explanation, we live and learn Astounded

Message 8 of 17

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

The worrying part of this to me, is that during my very short investigation I discovered the OPs personal data including full name, postal address, mobile phone number and email address Shocked

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore wrote:

The worrying part of this to me, is that during my very short investigation I discovered the OPs personal data including full name, postal address, mobile phone number and email address Shocked

An Anonymizer produced all that?   Wow!  Must be a good one.Bouncy

Message 10 of 17