cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 has blocked my website as an Anonymizer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm an O2 customer and when I access my new website www.onethousandmoons.com it is blocked by O2. I have checked O2's website and it says it's being blocked because the website is an Anonymizer (whatever that means).

Can somebody at O2 please look into this. I first reported by phone and web in December 2014 and have heard NOTHING back yet.

Thanks, Simon.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Nothing to do with an anonymizer.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore wrote:

Nothing to do with an anonymizer.

Sorry.  I got it wrong.  Again.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Folks,

I can confirm that all that is on the website is what's been posted above....one image and a couple of lines of text. Nothing else, AND it's a new website so no reason for it to be blocked.

Can somebody at O2 please find out 'why' it shows as an Anomonizer, and ideally explain to us all 'what' that means.

Thanks, SimonMc.

Message 13 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144659 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Can somebody at O2 please find out 'why' it shows as an Anomonizer, and ideally explain to us all 'what' that means.

It means the company that is hosting your website is running through an annoymous IP and is therefore "hiding" you from the rest of the world.

This kind of practice is often used by people with something to hide from and many isp's will block these sites.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 17

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Folks,

I can confirm that all that is on the website is what's been posted above....one image and a couple of lines of text. Nothing else, AND it's a new website so no reason for it to be blocked.

Thanks, SimonMc.

Can you also confirm that www.hostgator.com is hosting your website ?

I see that you have now implemented personal data privacy with Launchpad.com.....very sensible wink

@MI5 is correct, you need to take this up with Hostgator.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 15 of 17

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Good explanation @MI5 

Let us know how you get on with this @Anonymous 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I can confirm that hostgator ARE hosting the website. They are one of the big players and I can't imagine that every new website they host gets blocked like this. I have contacted them and this was their reply (about 6 weeks ago)...

Hello,

Thank you for contacting HostGator.

This would need to be handled by o2 mobile, as the site has been labeled by them as a proxy. We are unable to assist, besides running a scan of your site which we did complete and found no issues.

Please let us know if you have any questions we will gladly assist.

Best regards,

Matthew D.
Linux Administrator
HostGator.com LLC
http://support.hostgator.com

Let's see where we get this this!

Simon.

Message 17 of 17