cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 fault brush off for past 9 months - fed up !!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been experiencing reception problems since Nov 12 

Prior to that it was signal was perfect and we never had a problem 

Since November, its been on and off where we experience signal problems? 

we can either dial out, or when we receive a call, the person on the other end can hear us fine, but we have broken signal and cant hear them, or every other word

we have opened 6 cases with network services in this period and every time the problem was resolved within 5 days 

Our last signal problem was in July, that went of for 5 weeks, they sent over a critical team to try to find the fault, who sat parked down the road and made 100 calls and said they didn't experience any problems, so asked us to log all calls received and made good or bad, which we did for a week, they called me to collect the data, after taking 3 logs, told me that was all they needed and would trace the calls and get back to me, they then contacted me to say the couldn't trace any of the calls id logged and were closing the case!! 

2 days later, signal was fine again!

The last night, my dad tried to make a call and couldn't hear the recipient, then today, both myself and my husband made and received calls, to find we couldn't hear anything 

So I phone O2, I spend nearly 2 hours on the phone to be told, "there is no fault as far as network services are concerned and no one will be sent out to the mast to check" 

I couldn't quite believe it, after lots of passing me about to manager this and manager that, I was told the same thing over and over . . . . . Yet there is clearly a problem, but they don't know what it is so they are now ignoring it . . . And I'm tied into my contract and they wont release it! 

as a household of 6 people, all with O2 phones, we collectively spend over £145 per month with O2, to then be brushed off is just not good enough 

So, now I have to email/write to make a complaint, to which I have done many times before to NEVER get a reply EVER!!!!

What is happening to O2 ???

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to hear of your continuing issues.

I assume you have swapped the sim via the swapmysim procedure and or cleaned it.

Try switching to 2g to see if this improves your service although obviously data speeds will drop.

Also look at services such as TuGo which could help while your at home.

If you don't get a reply then take note of the ombudsman details in my link.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am assuming that all 6 phones in your household are different makes and models....and all work without fault (can make and receive calls and hear the other person) when you are away from your home area?

Message 3 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

This really sounds like an ongoing network issue to me.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 4