Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 family deal and upgrades

VJ27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, my wife got her O2 contract with Carphone and she has been told she can upgrade early now due to the deal with CW ending. I am with O2 and so is my daughter and we get the family discount. Basically my daughter gets 10% off her bill. Once my wife comes to O2 through upgrade, does that mean she will be eligible for 20% discount through the family scheme? I just want to check before I upgrade that’s all. Also if she can get the discount then how do I apply as no webchat is available and we have been told to not ring up unless it’s urgent.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

O2Kurt
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 84 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
No. its based on original connection date, I would suggest texting loyalty and all three numbers on all of your phones the system will the work it out. you may find your daughters discount goes up and your wife gets the 10pc based on when they originally took the contract.

oldest gets nothing
1st additional 10
2nd 20pc
signature
Message 2 of 5

VJ27
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's brilliant Kurt for that quick response. What do I text loyalty on? Is that from each phone (sorry being a bit thick haha) plus will this only work once my wife upgrades? Like I said she is with O2 and been with them for ages but she upgraded via car phone last year. 

Message 3 of 5

O2Kurt
  • 84 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
yeah do it from each phone and they follow what it texts back. yes once you've done the upgrade
signature
Message 4 of 5

VJ27
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cheers for that. I have sent a text with all the numbers on as it asked for them. The reason I wanted to check was i am looking at getting an iPhone 11 Pro Max and depending on the tariff I go for the 10 and 20 % discount is quite big. Also I just checked on my o2 on my daughters discount section and it has a section for 10% airtime discount but it doesn't have a value in it. I assume it's all added in my total discount section.

Message 5 of 5