Did you mean: 

O2 extremely poor customer service!

Blakey1152
Level 1: Joiner
  • 39 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Heres the story,

Last July I upgraded online to a 50gb tariff on an Iphone X - at the time there were 2 seperate 50gb tariffs one was a double data 25gb one and one was a standard 50gb tariff.

The difference between the two was the latter was part of the yearly upgrade scheme - and was several pounds more expensive.

Before placing my order I checked with the online chat to find out if the 25Gb tariff as it was doubled to 50Gb was part of the yearly upgrade scheme but was told it wasn't I would need to take the 50Gb plan and pay a little bit more. I was happy with this and went ahead.

Fast forward nearly a year and I wanted to find out when my upgrade date was....20th June 2020 I was told. So I escalated this to the complaints resolution team who responded back saying that the tariff I was on didn't have the yearly upgrade scheme as it wasn't selected - despite of course me checking it when I took on the tariff!

There lovely solution was to offer me credit of £48 and put me down to the 25gb Tariff! (And I can upgrade for £600).

So, If I had chosen the 25gb tariff at the time I would have paid less and got more data and I find that the credit they are offering between the two tariffs is a bit of an insult.

So using the complaints procedure I emailed them on the 6th June and it states that they will respond within 5 working days and acknowledge it straight away - Nothing....

Yesterday I used the live chat to speak to someone who couldn't find my email (surprise surprise) but would put me through to the right team to help. 45 minutes of time wasted as as soon as i'm put through i'm disconnected.

Today, I called up 202, went through secuity and was again told I'd be put through to the complaints team. 30 minutes of music sounding like it was being sent down a wind tunnel then a message - an advisor will be with you shortly..then beep beep beep cut off.

Now I'm not happy at this point but being generous and giving o2 the benefit of the doubt I called back again - another 20 minutes of music then....beep beep beep. cut off.

I don't think I've been treated well at all. strange how they refuse to talk to me. So I was wondering if I can go to an o2 store and speak to a manager there (Where they can't give me the 30 minutes of music and cut me off) or can I escalate my complaint to a CEO at O2 - I believe I have to wait 8 weeks before contacting the Ombudsman.

Needless to say I have 4 contracts with O2 and 2 of them finish in October - which means that they will be losing a customer unless they can resolve my issue promptly.

All I asked was to be put on the yearly upgrade plan which I fully believed I was on anyway after following their advisors advice.

I don't think its too much to ask....but if not they won't be getting their £170 a month in the future.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Blakey1152  Had you looked within the community first you have found that most think Live Chat is absolutely useless. Cold comfort to you I'm sure. Have you tried to raise your complaint through Resolver? We are told that many get good results through that. https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/o2-complaints?territory_id=5

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@Marjo @EmilieT anything you can do to help?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I thought once the Complaints team were involved, there was nothing our community managers could do @MI5 ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I was thinking more of getting someone to talk to @Blakey1152 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Oh, OK....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Blakey1152, and sorry to hear about all the different troubles you've been through. I was wondering if there had been any progress over the weekend at all - did you manage to talk to someone, or hear back at any point? 

If not, I'd happily check on my end if I can get someone to call you back and discuss this further with you. When you have a minute, please do let us know how you've been gettin on please slight_smile On a side note, if you have since your last post raised a case via Resolver, we might not be able to do much more but I would still gladly check if you'd like.

Thanks for the mention @MI5!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 9

Blakey1152
Level 1: Joiner
  • 39 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Morning,
I didn’t manage to get hold of anyone over the weekend. I did pop into the 02 store at Bexleyheath but they weren’t able to help as it’s all done online.
Message 8 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Blakey1152 Thanks for the update slight_smile As I said I can get someone to check your account and see where it's at, I'll need a few more details first so watch out for a Private Message shortly!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9