cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 down

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 has been down in sa20 area for two days will I get a rebate on my bill as I cannot use my phone for two days. And it’s a nightmare trying to contact o2 they don’t seem to care

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Once service is restored you can call 202 and ask for a goodwill gesture to cover the time you were out of service.
There is no compulsion to do this but they mostly will offer some small compensation.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Once service is restored you can call 202 and ask for a goodwill gesture to cover the time you were out of service.
There is no compulsion to do this but they mostly will offer some small compensation.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Customer service won't be able to help you I'm afraid with regards to the mast status. They can't tell you when masts will be repaired as they don't have hat information. The Network Team are responsible for coverage issues and are not customer facing and can't be contacted.

Many factors cover restoring the service. They may need access permission to the site or waiting for parts or awaiting a 3rd party etc

Rest assured if it's showing on the status page  http://status.o2.co.uk  then they are aware of it and will get the coverage back as soon as possible.

If it's reporting no problems at your postcode then download the My Network  app and report it there.

As said, a calm and polite call to customer service will normally result in a gesture of goodwill for the days without use of your phone as it will show on their system that you didn't use the phone.

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It is showing a problem with the mast according to the postcode given. So they are aware and will be working on it...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

It is showing a problem with the mast according to the postcode given. So they are aware and will be working on it...

That's good to know. ..😀

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

That's good to know. ..😀

Of course bearing in mind any difficulties they may have with access (as you have mentioned)

It says the status is refreshed hourly so it's not been forgotten..Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
and we all know that it's generally longer than 2 days to repair a problem if it's mast based.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
and we all know that it's generally longer than 2 days to repair a problem if it's mast based.

Yep but they are usually pretty good.....

Message 8 of 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

About 2 weeks here when it last happened some years ago. O2 could not tell me when it would be fixed, but did tell me I could use TuGo, alas of limited use in a household with only 1 contract but 4 payg phones (TuGo was not an option if you were a payg customer). 

These days, I'd switch to one of the nearby Irish networks, thanks to the EU Roaming directives making such alternatives possible now for free tongue_winking

Message 9 of 9