cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 destroyed my credit history which is leading to my mortgage application being rejected!

CreditHistory
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Due to an error from O2 side I ended up with a defaulted account on my credit history ( which  I wasn't aware of) and it led to my mortgage application being rejected and I am the verge of losing my house. I have been calling and emailing O2 for the last 4-5 weeks and so far had no response. Its shocking that O2 doesn't really care about the impact they can have on their customers lives and the financial and emotional pain that it could cause.

I kept calling customer services, debt management and other teams and eventually after several hours on the phone I was directed to email credit referral team. Which I have done and also by now sent 4 reminders through without any response. I have also added the complaints team into the mix hoping that someone will pick it up and look into it which proved to be a false hope.

I am in the process of filing a legal case against O2 as the mismanagement of my case is costing me thousands of pounds but the case has to be resolved and my credit history should be cleared as a matter of urgency.

I am still trying to find who can help and how can I get this resolved before 25th of Jan which the cut off date to get my new application approved and avoid a financial and personal disaster.

Regards,

John 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@CreditHistory 

The only people who can help are Credit Referral's i am afraid. 

Have you gone down the route of disputing it with one of the CRA's or all of them, as that may be just as quick. 

You will need to provide evidence to them that is an error. 

I did this with Vodafone (about reporting a closed account) and it was quicker than speaking to the 50th person at Vodafone. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@CreditHistory 

The only people who can help are Credit Referral's i am afraid. 

Have you gone down the route of disputing it with one of the CRA's or all of them, as that may be just as quick. 

You will need to provide evidence to them that is an error. 

I did this with Vodafone (about reporting a closed account) and it was quicker than speaking to the 50th person at Vodafone. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2