Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Level 1: Joiner

O2 customer

Had a text about not paying my bill and would be cut off from EE I'm with O2 is this a scam...??

Topics: 3
Kudos: 22
Solutions: 1

Re: O2 customer

It sounds like it @Mrpete.
Does it ask you to click on any link at all (please don't click on the link however!)
iPhone 11 PRODUCT RED
Apple Watch Series 4
Topics: 561
Solutions: 14,437

@Mrpete wrote:

Had a text about not paying my bill and would be cut off from EE I'm with O2 is this a scam...??

I think that's an obvious and very poor scam LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 3
Kudos: 22
Solutions: 1

Very similar to the scams that go about calling landlines saying they are BT and the line is going to be disconnected when the customer is with another ISP
iPhone 11 PRODUCT RED
Apple Watch Series 4
Level 2: Apprentice

Blatant scam I'd say. Best one I had was on the phone saying he was ringing from Barclaycard then proceeded to tell me his name was Jude Law. I nearly dropped the phone laughing.confused

You are now 4th in a queue, stop pushing. All our calls are recorded for training purposes so don't do anything stupid.
Huawei Honor 8x
Community Manager

I got this same text myself about my EE bill (I'm not on EE either). Definitely a scam! Thanks guys for the advice here, especially about not clicking on any links in the text message! hugging

Also, welcome to our community @Mrpete ! smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature