Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 customer

Mrpete
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had a text about not paying my bill and would be cut off from EE I'm with O2 is this a scam...??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

RyanK1992
Level 4: Observant
  • 90 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
It sounds like it @Mrpete.
Does it ask you to click on any link at all (please don't click on the link however!)
iPhone 11 PRODUCT RED
Apple Watch Series 4
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Mrpete wrote:

Had a text about not paying my bill and would be cut off from EE I'm with O2 is this a scam...??

I think that's an obvious and very poor scam LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

RyanK1992
Level 4: Observant
  • 90 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Very similar to the scams that go about calling landlines saying they are BT and the line is going to be disconnected when the customer is with another ISP
iPhone 11 PRODUCT RED
Apple Watch Series 4
Message 4 of 6

pedrobedro
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Blatant scam I'd say. Best one I had was on the phone saying he was ringing from Barclaycard then proceeded to tell me his name was Jude Law. I nearly dropped the phone laughing.confused

You are now 4th in a queue, stop pushing. All our calls are recorded for training purposes so don't do anything stupid.
Huawei Honor 8x
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I got this same text myself about my EE bill (I'm not on EE either). Definitely a scam! Thanks guys for the advice here, especially about not clicking on any links in the text message! hugging

Also, welcome to our community @Mrpete ! smiling

Message 6 of 6