Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Topics: 556
Solutions: 3,456

O2 customer service - not!

Saturday morning the lady phoned me again to say that she had not had a response from the fraud team, nothing new there then , and she was next at work on Tuesday when she would phone me again.

One question I asked was, would the direct debit billing still continue even though my phone has been disabled,

I will post more when I know more.
John

I hope you get all the answers on Tuesday John, o2 should have done all the investigating by then. As for the direct debit, I am fairly certain that will be on-going until you cancel/suspend it.
Good luck and please keep us posted as your unfortunate experience could well help other users of this forum.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks to you both.

I have no choice about paying as it is by direct debit and I would not cancel it until or unless I know that all is lost.

The first evening I knew about this I sent onlinevaildation@o2.com an email, as suggested by customer service, photographs of my driving licence, bank statement and a utility bill. I don't have a working scanner and can't afford to replace it and there is nowhere I can get to within walking distance to send a fax.

I simply cannot go farther afield because I cannot leave my wife for long enough and our son is currently up to his neck in job seeking because his division is going to relocate to the other end of the country.

Customer service seemed to believe that pictures of the required documents should be ok but that O2 should respond if they were deemed to be unsatisfactory. As I have said too many times now, I have had no response at all other than the pleasant lady who phoned me.

I am reminded of the old Chinese curse: May you live in interesting times.

John
Highlighted
Anonymous

Good news, my mobile has been reconnected.

This afternoon the charming lady from customer complaints phoned, as she promised on Saturday, and told me that the fraud team had accepted the photos of my documents and that the account would be reinstated. My mobile was working again a few minutes later.

A little time after another very pleasant lady phoned me from the fraud team to tell me that all was well with my account but the fraud investigation was still ongoing.

It seems that I will be credited with something to compensate for the loss of service and inconvenience.

I now have three important phone numbers, one to customer complaints and two numbers for the fraud team, one general and one direct. I hope I never have to use them in the future but it is nice to know how to make contact.

Thank you all for your assistance in this matter. I hope that I will not need to undergo this process again.

I will, however, continue to read the forum postings out of interest.

Kind regards

John
Highlighted
Anonymous

Oh fantastic, I'm really pleased for you John!
Highlighted

That's really excellent news John, so glad all is well. Be assured that the fraud team must have had serious concerns and their actions would be for 02's and your protection. Unfortunately it's a lengthy process but the right result in the end.
I sincerely hope you have no further problems Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Wanty and Steve,

Thanks for your help and concern. It has been an object lesson, I had no idea that anyone could hijack a mobile phone account, now I know differently.

My son has said I can keep the spare PAYG T-Mobile phone for emergencies.

That brings me to a general question. I have £5 on the PAYG phone, will that credit remain there for a long time or is there a time limit?

Kind regards

John
Highlighted
Anonymous

Just a, hopefully, last few words on this topic.

Early in the week I received a bill for £88 for a business account and iPhone bolt on and calls. The young lady on the customer complaints line said she would sort it. Yesterday evening she phoned to say the bill has been cancelled and any charges that I would have accrued during the period of the bill would also be cancelled.

So I am starting from scratch.

Hopefully this is the end of the saga.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Good news, my mobile has been reconnected.

That certainly is good news John, glad you were able to get it sorted in the end.

SV
Highlighted

That's good news at least. Thanks for letting us know John, the moral being 'never give up!' There are some good people at o2, its just a matter of getting through to the right person.
Just to confirm sheepdog's post, T&C's state:

Our Rights to Bar or Disconnect Your Mobile Phone 
7.1 If you do not make or receive a chargeable call at least once in any 6 month period your Mobile Phone will be disconnected and you will lose any remaining credits balance on your Account. If you wish to be re-connected after this time you will be given a new Mobile Phone number. 
Taken from : http://o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/yourairtimecontract

Best wishes

Steve,

The big mystery which, I assume, will never be revealed is how someone managed to get access to my account details, to change the account to a business account, to change the account address and, presumably, to clone my phone number.

Given how difficult it is to be to talk to customer service without being able to give them a host of answers I can only assume that there are loopholes somewhere.

Kind regards

John