Did you mean: 

O2 contract

Michaelai
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, hoping someone can help me!

I have a contract with O2 which expires in Dec 21 so have like £56 left to pay off my phone. I want to switch providers now so can I just pay the £56 off and then go elsewhere or do I have to wait until end of December?

O2 does give me the option to upgrade now and pay off the 56 pound however this would mean upgrading with O2 which I don't want to do? Hope that makes sense 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10130 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@Michaelai 

You just need to call customer services and pay it off, no extra charges are added on, and if you want to port out your number you just need to request a PAC, or if not it can all be cancelled there an then...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Chris1lifford
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Michaelai, yes you should be able to pay the £56 before December and terminate the contract early, they will like every robbing company these days probably put on a cancellation fee and an admin fee.

Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10130 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@Michaelai 

You just need to call customer services and pay it off, no extra charges are added on, and if you want to port out your number you just need to request a PAC, or if not it can all be cancelled there an then...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions

If you request and use your PAC (assuming you want to keep your number) then you will get a final bill including the outstanding balance @Michaelai .

See the community guide below for how to do this:

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4