Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 contract customers face 3.2% price hike from February

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/23540/O2_contract_customers_face_3.2_price_hike_from_February.aspx

Never welcomed News I'm affraid.

Just a shame it's had to happen.

So no network Is amune from the price increase now 😢

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 1 of 185
184 REPLIES 184

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
•blushes•

I'm nice deep down:)

Best bit of this forum is the banter in my opinion.

Anyway back on topic.

Even O2 most expensive tariff can only increase by £2.27.

Does anyone actually know how much line rental is on a mobile? I can only find home phone O2 prices on google.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 61 of 185

Anonymous
Not applicable

and the reason they are doing it now is because inflation is about to fall, so more money for your shareholders!!!! the annoying thing is, or good thing, my wifes phone contract runs out this month, so wont be taking out a new one. certainly not with o2, principle thing

Message 62 of 185

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

and the reason they are doing it now is because inflation is about to fall, so more money for your shareholders!!!! the annoying thing is, or good thing, my wifes phone contract runs out this month, so wont be taking out a new one. certainly not with o2, principle thing

You will obviously be moving to a company that hasn't done this yet?

Oh hang on there isn't one!!!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 63 of 185

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I cannot understand some people.

I thought you had to be over 18 to sign a contract?

If that is correct then why act like a juvenile?

I own O2 shares and they haven't gone up by much at all, I've made greater investments in companies who haven't accounted for inflation. Your logic is flawed sorry.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 64 of 185

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am moderately ticked off by this. I had to sign up for 24 months. No changes allowed... unless you are O2.

I accept that prices go up, I do not accept that the cost of the "line rental" - a virtual connection at best - can increase. 

As a fixed-term contractee, I think that this sucks.  To calmly announce that charges will change just over halfway through a contract is annoying, to put it mildly.

This leads to the next thought.  If one party to a contract can change the fixed 2 year contract, can the other?

I was told that I was tied down to unchanged conditions for two years.  If O2 intend to change their side of the contract, I should be free to do the same.

It is not equitable that only one party in a contract can make changes.

Message 65 of 185

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The changes are in the terms, if you read some of the links in this thread it should help you understand.

There's another thread here too:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Increase-in-Tariff-Cost/td-p/364896/page/9

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 66 of 185

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I am moderately ticked off by this. I had to sign up for 24 months. No changes allowed... unless you are O2.

I accept that prices go up, I do not accept that the cost of the "line rental" - a virtual connection at best - can increase. 

As a fixed-term contractee, I think that this sucks.  To calmly announce that charges will change just over halfway through a contract is annoying, to put it mildly.

This leads to the next thought.  If one party to a contract can change the fixed 2 year contract, can the other?

I was told that I was tied down to unchanged conditions for two years.  If O2 intend to change their side of the contract, I should be free to do the same.

It is not equitable that only one party in a contract can make changes.

You did have the ability to change the tariff down one step at the midway point on older contracts. This tends to be the next level down at £5 less. But this has been removed and I suspect it may have been in the last 6 months. Again, all the other operators have been doing that for far longer than o2.

Message 67 of 185

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
The ability to not drop a tariff came in with the new pricing structure at end of March this year.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 68 of 185

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Thought it was recent. Yet another reason to avoid contracts.
Message 69 of 185

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Mine was a bit of a piss take. Only way they'd let me downgrade my tarif was to accept the new T&Cs which meant I couldn't downgrade.
Message 70 of 185