Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 contract customers face 3.2% price hike from February

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/23540/O2_contract_customers_face_3.2_price_hike_from_February.aspx

Never welcomed News I'm affraid.

Just a shame it's had to happen.

So no network Is amune from the price increase now 😢

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 1 of 185
184 REPLIES 184

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

All the other networks have done it for years this is the first time o2 have done it and I guess the preasure was applied by the parent compant that is in finacial trouble.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 21 of 185

Anonymous
Not applicable

I truly understand that O2 have held off on increasing prices. Although commendable, that isn't really the point.

It's the fact customers are trapped in minimum terms who have been sold their contract at a certain price and now have to either put up with the rise or pay high early termination fees.

Win win for O2, and a tube of lube for their customers.

Message 22 of 185

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I disagree. They're not trapped, they signed up to the term and had the T&C's in front of them for 14 days. In those 14 days they've had to opportunity to say, well I'm not going to accept any of those increases if they happen so I'm ending the contract  now with no real loss to me. 

There's also the definition of "fixed price" and "variable priced". I don't ever recall a mobile contract being sold to me with the statement "fixed for your contract term". 

You could always push a campaign to point out to o2 that we don't want priority moments or special offers and want the cheaper costs. As I said before PAYG and sim free are the way forward as you have the choice to do what you like.

Message 23 of 185

Anonymous
Not applicable

OFCOM has said they intend to issue their consultation regarding mid-contract price increases by the end of 2012. So it'll be interesting to see who they agree with.

There must be an issue here, otherwise OFCOM wouldn't have bothered investigating.

Message 24 of 185

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

You could level the same chages against all the national and commodity companies.I don't think their various watchdogs have ever done anything other than make recommendations and OFCOM will be no different no matter how much noise they make.

Message 25 of 185

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Unfortunate thing about inflation is adapt or die.

You can't run a business on a loss, makes sense to keep prices in line with current inflation. They've held off for a long time which I commend.

At the end of the day if you can't afford an extra £1 max then you really should of shopped around for a cheaper contract originally.

It's a shame but its the real world.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 26 of 185

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I am going to give up on gas/electricity/mortgage/petrol/clothes because of inflation.

And I am going to start putting my money in my sleeping bag with me in my tent so as to not incur charges with the banks. 

Message 27 of 185

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I am going to give up on gas/electricity/mortgage/petrol/clothes because of inflation.

And I am going to start putting my money in my sleeping bag with me in my tent so as to not incur charges with the banks. 

I'm just off out to find a bundle of sticks for tomorrow's fire! Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 28 of 185

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I get to hungry I will just eat the weakest member of the family.

Message 30 of 185