Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 contract customers face 3.2% price hike from February

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/23540/O2_contract_customers_face_3.2_price_hike_from_February.aspx

Never welcomed News I'm affraid.

Just a shame it's had to happen.

So no network Is amune from the price increase now 😢

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 1 of 185
184 REPLIES 184

Anonymous
Not applicable

@womble-wwfc wrote:

So is this a one way street then, I've just noticed that the on & on contract advertised on the site is now £10 cheaper than when I took my contract out, unfortunately (according to C.S) it's a special offer & existing customers can't take advantage of it - even though o2 TV advertising says that they look after existing users the same as new users, surely this should mean that we should be able to take advantage of the current tarrif price if (as lots of you have said before on this thread) we would like to.

What i'm getting at is that it's OK for o2 to increase our tarrif but not ok for us to decrease (to the current price) our tarrif accordingly

You buy a tin of beans from Tesco for 20p.  The next week you're doing your grocery shop and its on sale at 15p.  Do you complain that you had to pay 20p last week?  Of course not.  Same principle applies here.

Just because theres a deal going at a lower price, doesn't mean you are entitled to it.  You're already in contract, you've already made that purchase.  Too late to complain that its a different price now.

Message 161 of 185

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Where I used to work, if a member of staff gave an answer that contradicted the T&Cs, it was treated as misrepresentation, and the mistake was either honoured or if that not possible, appropriate compensation arranged. It wasn’t a company that was too keen parting with money it didn’t have to, so presumed it a minimum legal requirement. I was expecting people to think it normal that businesses stood by what they told their customers, but apparently not.
Not been able to get anyone to listen to the call I made so far- hopefully they will when they finally look at my formal complaint- all I have is the time, date and first name of the person I spoke to, no other way I could have recorded it. But if O2’s stance is that verbal answers to questions cannot be relied upon, perhaps its irrelevant anyway.

That's why they have to make T&Cs so complicated though- otherwise they really would have to live up to what they told people.

Speekers, no-one here has given you an official O2 answer to your question.  Thats becaue the majority of forum users are general public.

Those of us who do work for O2 and post here are not posting in an official capacity for O2.  As confirmed by a signature at the bottom of our posts.

Speaking for myself, I've been giving you my own view on things, not necessarily the view of O2.  I'm purely speaking my own mind on here.

Message 162 of 185

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stumbled accross this price increase. Never knew anything about it, Was not told by either 02, Or the 3rd party I signed the contract with. When taking into account that most of my home coverage is edge if I am lucky, Not a happy chappy.  

Message 163 of 185

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It was announced early December, if you are still inside your cooling off period you could cancel.

It's not a huge amount though and it has been well publicised.

http://www.o2.co.uk/desktop/prices

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 164 of 185

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Stumbled accross this price increase. Never knew anything about it, Was not told by either 02, Or the 3rd party I signed the contract with. When taking into account that most of my home coverage is edge if I am lucky, Not a happy chappy.  

I assume you live in a cave?

Message 165 of 185

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope it was not well publicised.. Entered contract late December, Also would not mind price increase (that is significant with my tariff) if I was officially informed by 02 about it. As I previously stated, I just stumbled upon this subject, And lucky to recieve an edge connection @ home nevermind 2g

Message 166 of 185

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow pretty hostile reply. Guessing more 02 employees on here than customers

Message 167 of 185

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Who is your contract with as they would have known and should have told you?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 168 of 185

Anonymous
Not applicable
legally through 02. 3rd party is carphone wharehouse neither notified me about price increase
Message 169 of 185

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Well if the deal was done with CPW they are really the ones who should have told you.

Message 170 of 185