cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 continued debiting me after phone paid and lost access to 3G when changed contract

Em89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Carphone Warehouse told me today that I was still paying the cost of my phone with O2 even 5 months after paying it off. I changed my contract to Sim only and now my 3G is no longer working. Would it be possible to 1) get refund for overpaying my phone and 2) get access to 3G back? MyO2 shows that I should still have 1G of data...
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Em89

I'm afraid there are no refunds as you should have changed your tariff immediately your contract ended.

Contracts taken directly with O2 do this automatically, but not those taken with 3rd parties.

To sort out your data issue, you need to call 202 so customer services can check you are set up properly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Em89

I'm afraid there are no refunds as you should have changed your tariff immediately your contract ended.

Contracts taken directly with O2 do this automatically, but not those taken with 3rd parties.

To sort out your data issue, you need to call 202 so customer services can check you are set up properly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Em89

You will need to contact customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

jonsie