cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 charged me for 2 years when I told them to cancel my contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was with O2 for 2 years when I decided to move and start a new contract with Orange, and canceled my O2 contract,
But, 2 years on and to my horror and total shock I have discovered that O2 didn't cancel my contract and I had been paying 2 years worth to O2 for what.? Nothing!! Is it wrong to think that I should have a full refund!
I have called up about this and it looks like they don't care and are happy to have taken my money for 2 years!
Message 1 of 27
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Threads like this are the reason why, unless you are retaining your number and using a PAC code which will automatically cancel the old contract when the number ports, you should make all cancellation requests IN WRITING and send them by RECORDED DELIVERY

Only way to guarantee for certain that a cancellation request is received and gets acted on and if it doesn't you have a paper trail to prove notice was served.

OP - you can try contacting O2 and explaining the situation to them. If they can see you haven't used the service for the two years you may get a goodwill refund but this would be purely down to goodwill and there is certainly no obligation for O2 to refund you. Unless you have some form of proof you cancelled that is

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
and you didn't bother to check...... for 2 whole years ??
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume they have been taking these payments via direct debit ?

Have you never seen this tranaction on your bank statements ?

If your sure then go ahead and contact them via this online form http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...

Message 3 of 27

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

You didn't notice your account being debited every month for two years? Is this a joke?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 27

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
1 what method did you use to cancel?
2 did you keep your number?
3 as other have said did you not check your bank account statements?
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't checked my statements in great depth I admit. It's was only when I checked my detect debits when I notice 2 debits going out to O2 when I realised. I use O2 for broadband too.
And no I didn't keep my number.
Message 6 of 27

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Getting a PAC and keeping your number would have instantly cancelled your account. If not getting a PAC you really should check (and anyone else in the same situation) that the account has been terminated after the correct notice period.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 27

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
I ask the main question again By what method did you cancel the contract?
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Good luck with whats ahead of you.

O2 will have to start an investigation which would be instigated by you filling out the form from the link I supplied.

Message 9 of 27

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:
I ask the main question again By what method did you cancel the contract?

I'll take a wild guess at that answer....... wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 27