Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 cant generate a eSIM for old iPhone.

Dave_T1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since yesterdays nightmare of trying activating my Like New Phone from O2, I found out that O2 had sent me a blacklisted phone, which I had to tell them about! You would hope they did more rigorous checks on any Like New phones they sent out to customers! 

The issue/nightmare I'm now having is trying to get a new eSIM generated for my old phone. Customer services can't generate me a new eSIM until they get the "Like New Phone (Blacklisted)" returned. I can't return it to a shop and the packaging will take up to 10 days to arrive. I'm going on holiday tomorrow so this means I won't have a working phone for at least 3 weeks.

I really find this hard to believe that O2 can't generate a new eSIM, someone within O2 must have some common sense and be able to generate a eSIM under the circumstances.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10633 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Dave_T1

Go to an o2 shop with photo ID and they should be able to sort you a new SIM card.

Please see your other post about what has probably happened. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

If the "old" eSim has not been installed in the phone (and I'm guessing as it is blacklisted it won't have been) you should be able to use that in another phone @Dave_T1 

Is that not correct @MI5 ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146965 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

I would have thought so @gmarkj 

It should still be available to install in MyO2 ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4