Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 bill payment lost

Amrs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I agreed a part payment of my bill as I went over my usual amount. I called o2 today to pay the first half and they took my full card details as it was going through o2's system crashed and there was no record of my payment. My bank account has deducted the amount on available balance but o2 is not showing on my bank statement nor showing as pending. It seems as though the transaction is lost in limbo. O2 will charge me for late payment as I'm due to make payment by the 3rd however, the money I had to pay them has disappeared so I cant now pay by the 3rd. My bank has said the money will either go to o2 or reappear on my account so far neither has happened. Can anyone advise?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Amrs  This is a customer community. No one here has access to anyone else's account. You will have to speak to customer service in the morning. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/m-p/1201416#gen As it's New Years Day the hours are reduced to 10:00-16:00.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Amrs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks. I understand that but wondered if anyone went through the same thing and how they resolved it.
Message 3 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi there @Amrs
Read through your post and can only say that you should contact customer services as early as possible details kindly provided by Bambino.
Welcome to the o2 community forum and Happy new year.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Amrs 

You also posted the same query here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Pay-Your-Bill-Contract/bc-p/1281942#M2088 

I responded that your money will return to your bank if it is a pending transaction, it normally takes a couple of days to do this. If it doesnt, then you need to persevere with customer services and as @pgn  said on your other post, please ensure you ask CS to put on your notes that you are querying a contested payment.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It take around 4 working daysfor the money to be available to you gain in your account. This couldn't have happened at a worse time with the two bank holidays.

Message 6 of 7

djbsuffolk
Level 9: Fired up
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

From my experience of developing e-commerce websites.

Online payments are made up of two processes the reservation of the funds and the finalisation of the payment so that it's transferred to the payee. Normally these two processes happens at the same time so if the O2 system crashed then either one of two things will happen. O2 will call for the shadowed money and the payment will complete or if O2 don't call for it the money will be returned to your account. The time it takes varies between banks but is normally 4-7 days. 

Message 7 of 7