Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 bill paid, not received on their side - nightmare

Brooke3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, so I'll try and keep this short. I paid my phone bill early on the app, the transaction went through on my side (this was 8 days ago now) but o2 say it didn't go through on their, I have definitely been charged and can see it says O2 bill payments. I've spoke to O2 live chat several times and they said different things like oh it will get refunded blah blah , I've been on phone to the payments teams several times totally useless, I've even been in store to try and sort it. My bank gave me authorisation code to give to O2 to take the funds apparently the 'payments trace team' but no one will pass me onto them. The bank say they can't refund me without so much evidence from O2 which aren't acknowledging I've paid. I told O2 I can afford to pay twice so I cancelled my direct debit which is due on 13.03. Legally I have evidence I paid but won't be giving o2 anymore more money. It's redicuous I've spent hours and hours trying to get someone to actually do something instead of delaying the situation. Any help please 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Brooke3
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

*can't afford to pay twice

Message 2 of 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36535 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1624 Solutions

O2 live chat not so good for this @Brooke3 - you need to call 202 or the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support
Best time to call is around 8.00am.

Guide: A Guide to Skype can be used if your phone mobile signal drops out of service. Good luck!

Message 3 of 6

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6426 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Brooke3 

Before contacting O2, I suggest that you contact your bank to obtain the unique transaction identification number of your payment. It will be a sixteen digit number. O2 will need you to provide that so that they can search for your remittance in their accounting records. 

I also think that you should carefully consider whether it was appropriate to cancel your direct debit. If you end up missing your payment that is due next Wednesday,O2 will both :-

1. sell your debt to a debt recovery agency, and 

2. trash your credit rating. 

O2's approach to debt is ruthless.  

Message 4 of 6

LovelyLo
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It’s frustrating, I’m dealing with the same issues, going on 4 weeks now. I’m fed up, never experienced such terrible service. 

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6426 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@LovelyLo 

Before contacting O2, I suggest that you contact your bank to obtain the unique transaction identification number of your payment. It will be a sixteen digit number. O2 will need you to provide that so that they can search for your remittance in their accounting records. 

Once you have that number, please contact O2 using the details that @pgn has provided above. 

Message 6 of 6