cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are bloody pathetic. 6 hours spent trying to get a PAC.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've spent 6 hours trying to contact O2 to get my PAC as I'm moving to Giffgaff.  I spend hours on hold and have had 3 online live chats which involved me being transferred to 3 different ' departments' and then ended up being disconnected by O2.  I am just about ready to SCREAM and wouldn't stay with O2 now if they paid me.  They're very quick to get a sale or renew a contract but don't give a toss otherwise.  How else do I get my PAC?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Technically you're not really leaving wink but that aside, on chat you need to ask to be put through to retentions, otherwise call 202 and speak to CS. If you try to call at off peak times you might not have to hold for long.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Technically you're not really leaving wink but that aside, on chat you need to ask to be put through to retentions, otherwise call 202 and speak to CS. If you try to call at off peak times you might not have to hold for long.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

on giff gaff, you will still be using the o2 network signal though

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah but giffgaff are practically a stand alone network.

I assume your after their unlimited data packages.

A word of caution this service is patchy in my experience. My daughters is regularly not connecting. Which I believe us down to naughty members tethering etc.

I agree with the cutting out the online chat facility as they are not effective enough in my opinion and speak direct to customer services.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

giff gaff like 3 has good deals but not good connections or signal, giff gaff is run by volunteers which puts me off as i would like trained experienced people if i had an account problem

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Giff gaff runs on O2 network so the signal is as good as O2's (nothing like the crap that 3 have). In essence there are no "accounts" either as its all pay as you go so no need for expensive heavily manned CS depts wink Hence the cheap value for money packages on offer....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

giff gaff like 3 has good deals but not good connections or signal, giff gaff is run by volunteers which puts me off as i would like trained experienced people if i had an account problem

GiffGaff or Tesco signals and connections are identical to O2, it is not run by volunteers.

Customer support is helped by their forum in the same way as this one.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

oops i must of heard wrong as somewhere i heard that giff gaff was run by volunteers or unless chinese whispers are about again

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies folks.  I finally got through on the Chat and was passed to 3 different areas and had to tell/type the same thing to each one - thank God for copy and paste!  The final person tried the retention thing but was pretty crap at it, offering deals that were completely useless to me and which I knew I could get cheaper and better elsewhere.  Eventually I got my PAC which will be activated on Monday.

Regarding Giffgaff, I know they use the O2 network but I couldn't just move over to them using the same phone number, I had to get a PAC to keep my number.  I've also done a lot of research on them and haven't come across any adverse problems except for some involving the porting of numbers due to phone settings needed to be tweaked.  The community forum seems pretty good and queries get answered and dealt with speedily.

I can't say that O2s customer care is anything to shout about.  Both my husband and I have had data issues over the last few months and O2 were useless in sorting them out - we had to do our own internet research.  All O2 staff wanted to do was sell us more expensive packages.

So off I go on Monday.  Another good thing with Giffgaff is that there's no contract to lock in to so If I do decide I don't like them, I can just move elsewhere.

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny if griffgaff use O2 how come 0800 and 0500 numbers are free seems like another rip off from O2 

Message 10 of 11