cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 and 4G

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant wait to see how 'cheap' the tarrif will be for using 4G.

I really hope O2 won't be ripping us off with Wonga type charges to subscribe - sadly I dont hold out much hope. 

Lee

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

see the news section cheapest will be £26 sim only but no details on ammount of data included

from the news section it links to here which explains it all http://news.o2.co.uk/2013/08/01/o2s-4g-network-to-switch-on-from-29th-august/

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I cant wait to see how 'cheap' the tarrif will be for using 4G.

I really hope O2 won't be ripping us off with Wonga type charges to subscribe - sadly I dont hold out much hope. 

Lee 

What makes you think that O2 won't be in line or be competitive with whatever the other networks are planning on charging? I doubt that there will be a marked difference between any of them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

RueDrBouree
Level 4: Observant
  • 45 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi

Just my view but 4G with most of the networks is going to be a premium product at least for the first few years. 

EE - Is the 4G/LTE premium brand of Orange/T-Mobile. (Their £26 per month sim only tariff offers 1GB of data and unlimited mins/text. I would expect O2 to do something very similar)

Vodafone - Haven't really said much about 4G except that it will be launched at some point this year. However what they do say in their small print is that to use 4G customers will need to be on a 4G tariff and have a 4G sim card. In other words its likely to be more expensive than the standard product.

Three - Have said that it won't cost customers anymore to use 4G and maybe they won't charge extra. They might simply use this as a way to gain more customers. I guess only time will tell if its as simple as that. (not saying they are going to do this but there are lots of little sneaky things they could do. Example 4G is only available to customers on 24 month contracts.)

When 3G was launched Vodafone and Orange would only let you use it if you were a customer on a 3G tariff. (Can't remember what O2 & T-Mobile did) I really can't see it being any different with 4G.

Alex

Been an O2 customer (off and on) since 1995
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I think we are ripp off with the charges that are applied for data and that applies to network here and abroad. I dont understand why picture messaging is chargeable and yet you can sent 1gb of data within your allowance. Why not use your data allowance for picture messaging?

Smartphones are designed for data 1GB is not a lot these days and even a starting price of £26 is a lot of money for many people. I'm sure they will be inline with other operators but 4G will not come cheap to the masses.

It made me laugh theres a vid on the O2 site with 2 girls I presume are guru's (look more like a Sparemint -Rhino ad) oh she said yes and with 4 g you can downlaod a film in seconds - proably but a SD film is around 1GB thats your data gone for the month.

Lee

Message 5 of 5