Did you mean: 

O2 account through carphone warehouse paying off contract and getting sim only

delpy8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All

Not sure if you can help as Ive been looking on this forum for a while, Im coming to the end of my cpw/o2 contract and been told I can pay off balance then open a 2nd account on a 12 month sim only then I will get a letter from O2 to pay off balance of old account then I can move my old number over to the new account, I was advised by O2 customer service and they said I would not get a credit check is that true as I dont want a credit check as Im wanting to get a car on PCP and dont want to risk it

Any help appreciated

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144353 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
No need to faff about, just call customer services on 202 and tell them which simo tariff you want. They will process the cancellation fee from your credit or debit card and transfer your tariff online, leaving your number the same as it is now.
There is no need for a new sim or a credit check.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144353 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
No need to faff about, just call customer services on 202 and tell them which simo tariff you want. They will process the cancellation fee from your credit or debit card and transfer your tariff online, leaving your number the same as it is now.
There is no need for a new sim or a credit check.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Tsidkenu1es
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 79 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi Wave @delpy8 and Welcome to O2 Community Forum...!

If O2 Customer Service told you won't get a credit check, personally I will believe it... but

I just been transfer from TalkTalk to O2 pay monthly SIM only contract for 12 months and they made a credit check on me. smiling

One Family * One Community * One Love * One Purpose
*************** UNITED ONE WORLD ***************
***** LOVE***********PEACE************JOY*******
* The Future Is In Our Hearts Our Minds And Our Souls *
Message 3 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23077 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Tsidkenu1es That's because you were coming from a different provider and weren't known to O2. The OP is already an O2 customer.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 9

delpy8
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cheers guys I was told I would need to open a second account as the first one is sort of with  CPW so they could not cancel that down so will need to wait until September

Message 5 of 9

Tsidkenu1es
  • 79 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Bambino Thanks! for the input...:smileywink:

One Family * One Community * One Love * One Purpose
*************** UNITED ONE WORLD ***************
***** LOVE***********PEACE************JOY*******
* The Future Is In Our Hearts Our Minds And Our Souls *
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

MI5
  • 144353 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@delpy8 wrote:

Cheers guys I was told I would need to open a second account as the first one is sort of with  CPW so they could not cancel that down so will need to wait until September

There is little point you paying it off now as you will be paying for airtime through to September that you won't be able to use, but, if you do want to, you can. You will owe 4 x your monthly basic payment less the vat if you want to cancel now.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
^^ That.
Until the minimum term on your current deal ends you don't need to do anything.
Once you have finished (or paid for) the 24th month then you can swap to a SIMO (sim only) or new contract, but doing it before as @MI5 says you will only end up paying for minutes/texts/data that you don't use.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 9