Did you mean: 

O2 Won't Cancel Loan on a Returned Item

JordanJJS
Level 3: Thinker
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hello all,

I'm at my wit's end with an issue here so I'm hoping one of the account advisors on here can maybe help me.

On 10 September, I purchased a Galaxy Watch 5 on a pay monthly contract from a O2 Manchester Market Street. After having an allergic reaction to the watch, I decided to return it on 20 September and returned it that same day to a different (although also owned by O2) store - O2 Liverpool One, to which the staff were happy to assist. When the staff member tried to request cancellation of my contract, Evolution (the till system) threw an error and didn't allow her to cancel it. As such, she called retail support and had them cancel the contract for me and I thought all was well.

However, on September 26, I received a letter with a notice of enforcement and termination, stating I owed O2 an excess of £342 - the full balance of the watch. It turned out that retail support only cancelled the airtime portion of my contract and did not cancel the CCA.

I then went to the store on that same day, and the staff member who assisted me called customer service, who assured me that this letter was sent in error, and all would be well on my next bill date (October 3). October 3 rolls around, and upon checking my CCAs in My O2, the loan is still active. So I went back to the store for a third time, and the lady in the store tried very hard to help me. First, she called retail support who promptly told her that the people in store didn't cancel my order properly, and then hung up on her. She then tried to cancel my order, just as the first person who ever assisted me did, only to be met with the same error preventing her from doing so. She then called customer service, who submitted a form and told me that all would be well within three working days, and I would receive an SMS message when my loan was cancelled.

Lo and behold, there has been no SMS, and my CCA is still active as I write this message. I intend to go to the store tomorrow, but if someone on this forum would be able to get me in touch with someone who can actually help, it would be much appreciated. As it stands, I am being charged the full sum of an amount for an item that I do not have any more, that I returned well within my cooling off period.

It is O2's responsibility to make sure that they are a responsible lender in the eyes of the FCA, and this is certainly not demonstrating that they are a responsible lender, so I shall be contacting the FCA should this payment be debited from my account.

Before that though, if anyone is able to assist me with this matter it would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JordanJJS
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Just wanted to post an update here.

@O2Lisa was absolutely fantastic - she managed to fix in a couple of hours what multiple retail and call centre staff couldn't in weeks.

When the watch was first cancelled, it was cancelled with the wrong reasoning, so the device plan wasn't cancelled alongside it. Lisa reconnected the watch to my account, and then disconnected it with the correct reasoning and that cancelled the CCA alongside it!

I've checked my account, and the CCA's status is labelled as "Cancelled", so all is well and hopefully I shouldn't be charged!

Lisa's customer service is fantastic - she absolutely deserves a raise! Thank you again!

@Martin-O2 @Breanna

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12397 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

Sounds like a complete shambles @JordanJJS .

I will mention the community advisors to see if they can help.

@O2nath_ci @O2Ryan can you assist?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 11

JordanJJS
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thank you for tagging them. I'll tag @O2Lisa as she seems to be online as well.

Message 3 of 11

gmarkj
  • 12397 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

No reply from the two advisors on the list @Martin-O2 ?

Lisa should be back on in a little while @JordanJJS so she will get your tag today.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 4 of 11

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @JordanJJS, I’ll message you privately and look in to this for you.  

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

gmarkj
  • 12397 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

Thanks Lisa!

Message 6 of 11

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

You’re welcome @gmarkj 😊

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

JordanJJS
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi Lisa, I've responded to your message. Thank you for getting back to me.

Message 8 of 11

JordanJJS
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Just wanted to post an update here.

@O2Lisa was absolutely fantastic - she managed to fix in a couple of hours what multiple retail and call centre staff couldn't in weeks.

When the watch was first cancelled, it was cancelled with the wrong reasoning, so the device plan wasn't cancelled alongside it. Lisa reconnected the watch to my account, and then disconnected it with the correct reasoning and that cancelled the CCA alongside it!

I've checked my account, and the CCA's status is labelled as "Cancelled", so all is well and hopefully I shouldn't be charged!

Lisa's customer service is fantastic - she absolutely deserves a raise! Thank you again!

@Martin-O2 @Breanna

Message 9 of 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124368 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Great news @JordanJJS 😊

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11