Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 WOULD NOT REFUND MY DEPOSIT!!!

dreamsover
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I payed 100£ deposit on the 2d of January 2018. I was told I can have my money back after the third payed bill (no delay on payment of course). I was told I can call and ask for the money back or if I do not call the money would be automatically put into my o2 account and I will have a reduced bill for the next couple of months. After a lot of calls and chatting over the o2 website I was granted my request for the money to be tranferred back to my bank account. They money transfer accured on the 17th of April, according to the o2 tech support. They do not provide me with any prove of such transfer. It is now way over 10 working days and I still have nothing into my bank account. I called my bank 2 times and on both times they said that there are no outstanding orders to my bank account, none at all. I called o2 3 times (!!!!!!)  already and each and every time they are trying to push me away with stupid excuses like : "I can't do anything, this is the job of our finance department but we can not call them, we can only write them an e-mail and they will answer within 24 hours and then we gonna give you a call". Nobody calls back EVER. I am calling everyday now and everyday I've being told the same lie over and over again! Let me be clear, I have absolutely clean credit record, I payed everything on time, I never had any problems with credit institutions or o2. They are simply not holding their part of the contract. What legal actions can I take? I am tired of stupid excuses from a company making billions but refussing to give me back the amount of 100£!!!

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff for the mention slight_smile

@dreamsover I will check again on my end what can be done and drop you a PM like last time to let you know what I find out!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 28

dreamsover
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, I've actually exchanged PM's with her and she checked the situation for me. Unfortunately her contacts told her the money has being send and O2 can't do anything about it. I also called them again last week and they blamed my bank again. I contacted my bank and they said there are absolutely no outstanding orders and there is nothing they can do about it. They told me I need to contact O2 and ask them to check with their bank. When I call O2 they are telling me : "No, you need to check with your bank".  It is a Catch-22. 

Message 12 of 28

dreamsover
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you Emilie!

Message 13 of 28

dreamsover
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

UPDATE: Finally after 20 working days the deposit was returned to me. I would like to thank everyone here for the support! 

Message 14 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144225 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
Pleased for you mate slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 28

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Happy it's all sorted, and thanks for updating us @dreamsover smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 16 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122845 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Excellent news @dreamsover. You shouldn't have needed to go through all that, but really pleased it's eventually sorted wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 28

jonsie
  • 93192 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Tony2tone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having a similar problem i took out a contract on the iwatch ultra and I had to pay a £425 deposit which I paid through bank transfer in the shop, I didn’t like the Watch so I returned it within the cool down period time, I was told in the shop I would receive my deposit in 5 working days 1 month later 6 phone calls to customer service who on every phone call promised me 3 working days and I’ll have it back and still nothing can anyone help ? 

Message 19 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122845 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@O2Ryancan you help @Tony2tone to get his deposit back?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 28