Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Upgrade Website Failure

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2,

I'm trying to upgrade my iPhone to 6s+ but your website keeps telling me:

Sorry, your card payment did not go through. Please select a billing address to retry payment.

I've tried a different card, different browser, on my iPad etc.

On twitter a lot of people are having the same issue, O2 what is going on...

I was told to go in store only to be told they dont accept pre orders in store for the 6s+! What a complete joke!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

If you can't order via online and as you say others are having the same problem then it is a website glitch and you will have to try again. As you say it has been mentioned many times on twitter I will ask our community manager @Toby to advise...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The website has probably buckled under the pressure and customer service will undoubtedly be very busy but your best option is to call 202 first thing in the morning.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Other forms of contact here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty crap customer service however. From live chat, told to ring, so I ring told to go to store, store doesnt accept preorders for 6+, so told to ring customer services, they said to go to store. Farce, was so tempted to go to elsewhere.

Live chat is useless, they just tell you what you want to hear.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

I'm Meri, the Community Coordinator. Try to refresh the page and let us know if you are still having problems

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue trying to upgrade, CS and Live chat are no help!

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
When you go to the box to enter your card number there are some spaces at the beginning of the box. Use backspace to delete these spaces and try again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just tried this and there are no spaces in the card number section, I backspaced 8 times anyway and entered my details as normal and it returned the same error.

Thanks
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've solved this issue by upgrading through Carphone Warehouse!

Message 10 of 10