Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

O2 Upgrade - Iphone Reboxed

I'm due an upgrade this week and was curious about getting a Iphone but sceptical about paying £160 or £100 on top of a £35/£42.50(with insurance) per month.

I contacted O2 to see what my options would be as I was interested also in the Samsung U800 too, quite basic in comparison to the Iphone.

I was given these options.

1 - Have to pay for a Iphone 8/16Gb and also take out a new contract which could range from the tariffs available.

2 - Get the Samsung U800 for free and probably get a better deal on my current contract.

3 - Get a 8Gb Iphone REBOXED for free on the £35 a month contract.

I think I am tempted by this Iphone offer as it's probably just as good if not better than the Samsung offer. I just want to know what a REBOXED Iphone is, other than the obvious, does anyone know if these are second hand? damaged? or what? as O2 basically told me it was just re-packaged but I thought they must be something else. Last thing I wanna do is get a faulty one.

Any info is greatly appreciated!
Anonymous

Hi jbrechany - judging from the 'reboxed' ones I've had and according to O2 they're sets they've received back within the 14 days (online/phone order)due to customers not wanting them or handsets which have been sold through the store and then returned (within I think 7 days) as unwanted -(any O2 staff on forum please excuse if thats wrong Smiley Wink ).

You will be told that they're not necessarily repaired sets, but we all beg to differ as most of us (I've had 5 'reboxed' phones all bust)have experienced problems with eermm 'Reboxed' phones. They used to be called Refurbished but O2 changed that Smiley Wink I would say that they are classed as second hand.

(If you check through the forum I think you'll see threads discussing errmm 'Reboxed' hand sets).

It's indeed a chance you take if you decided to go for 'Reboxed'-you could be very lucky and receive a brand new one, so basically its up to you, but personally I'd pay the extra and get what I knew to be brand new.
Anonymous

They aren't sold as reboxed they are sold as reconditioned. They have been reconditioned by apple and given all new fascias so you have no way of telling they aren't brand new. Normal warranties apply etc. I have one and it is no different at all to a new one. Well worth the deal.
Anonymous

They are indeed 14 day returns that have new facias etc.
Anonymous

They might well be different being Apple (better quality product?), but I'm going on past experience through O2 and was told that on the phone.

O2 may have also changed their wording, but ...well you've read the rest because I asked what the difference was between new and 'Reboxed months ago....
Highlighted
Anonymous

Check out this thread in the iPhone forum:

viewtopic.php?t=12143

for a more in-depth discussion of the same issue Smiley Wink