Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Level 2: Apprentice

O2 Unveil Compensation Package For Its Customers

[ Edited ]

O2 promised to give compensation to its customers for last weeks network downtime and they've been true to their word. However, whether this is enough to save a lot of customers defecting to other network remains to be seen. Firstly, all O2 customers will get a £10 voucher to spend in the O2 Store. The voucher, which is valid between the 1st and 30th September, will be available to claim over at O2 Priority Moments. This isn't too bad considering a lot of users were unaffected by the problems. Those affected by the problem will also get discount of their mobile bill. Pay Monthly customers will 10% off their July bill which will be applied in September. While , Pay Monthly customers will receive 10% extra on their first top-up in September. This means you effectively get 3 days discount even though the problem only last for 1.5 days, which in theory seems like a good deal but then not being able to call anyone for a prolonged period is a big deal. O2 also reported that they have no identified the source of the network problem and are doing everything in their power to ensure something like this doesn't happen again. 3G will be interested to see the response to this reparation package from O2 customers.

Source: http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/July2012/o2-unveil-compensation-package-for-its-customers.html

Highlighted
Topics: 575
Solutions: 3,920

Re: O2 Unveil Compensation Package For Its Customers

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

There is alread a thread about this with positive and not so positive responses. Judging by what some people want there would be no O2 to pay out.

Personally, this is the first time I have had any compensation in my 19 years mobile and in that time I have had quite a few outages (mainly Orange)

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-network-coverage-disruption-UPDATE-18-07-2012-14-35/td-...

Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,855
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

looks like a cut and paste that comes from a site that owns the copyrite http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/July2012/o2-unveil-compensation-package-for-its-customers.html

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Edited the post and added the source

Highlighted
Topics: 575
Solutions: 3,920

Maybe an idea to delete the whole thread Leonard. Just old information with no real value to existing threads

Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

I agree this is just repeating what everyone knows now, delete the whole thread.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

It's dmason's first post and as it's not a big deal, I think we shouldn't delete the post/thread.

However, you're right that it would be better to keep the discussion to one thread. So, if you'd like to discuss the gesture, dmason, please do so in this thread: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-network-coverage-disruption-UPDATE-18-07-2012-14-35/m-p... Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Leonard

Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,855
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

and even quoting source it breaches the t&C just delete and stick to the t&C in place in this community if you do not like it Leonard then find someone that will uphold the longstanding T&C Do not change it to suit your ethos.

another point for my 6th draft

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

I was affected last week and now my network has been down since yesterday so it has been down for 24 hours now, does anyone have a number i can ring ??